Build curiosity

Dragonhawk

With FActions out and the two new classes available I was wondering if anyone has tried to make an Assassin/Ranger. I was thinking that putting all your skill points in Daggers, Critical Strike, and Wilderness Survival you might be able to do some massive damage. Skills Im thinking of would be say 3 of the dagger attacks, 3-4 traps, and troll urgent. Has anyone tried this and how well did it do?

Before the topic went off-topic, somone posted a Critical Attack Archer build on this thread.

Not sure how a trapping assassin would work. Typically, as an assassin you need to get close but traps can be easily interrupted. Perhaps in PvE you could lay the traps, AoD (Aura of Displacement {elite}) in against the mob, aggro them with an attack, then remove the enchant to return to the traps, hopefully drawing the mob in. Another option might be to just place one barbed trap somewhere close and use it as an exit route to train any warriors or assassins attacking you through instant crippling to allow an easier escape.

Assasins make great caster killers but are utterly annilated by comparable warrior builds. Particuarly the knockdown/falling spider builds work very well against healers and boon/prot.

Ritualist could be a great spike/direct damage with their channeling magic, to me spirits dont do much damage, but the combination of having 4+ can cause havok. Ritualists make nasty healers as they can heal themselves with almost every skill.

Hmmmm...seems like you're doing two different things that oppose each other...the dagger skills require you to be in close to use, and the traps require you to pull baddies into them. They're good for a ranger 'cuz you shoot your bow, draw aggro, and baddies go right into the traps. That assassin needs to get in close and then get out...

I'll think about it a bit more, but something to consider is that some of those traps cause conditions, so look for dagger skills that take advantage of those conditions (like Jungle Strike or Iron Palm). You might also consider Ranger skills that help your assassin stay alive/attack longer, like Lightning Reflexes, or skills that compliment Assasin condition-specific skills (Throw Dirt + Signet of Shadows or Unseen Fury)

Well I didnt start the build yet since I havent picked up the expansion pack to unlock the new classes. I was thinking about using a bow for the pull then switch out to daggers while they are running at me. Of course I dont't even know if the assassin class allows you to do that. It was more of a curiosity factor I was thinking about before I got the game. I didnt want to build up another toon like I did my ranger only to find out I'm gimped damgae wise if I play him the way I would like to play the class. I was hopeing the ranger would be a ranged killer but it turns out the only high damage build seems to be a ton of points in traps and squat for ranged skills. :(

well, I have a Ranger/Assassin class.
he uses daggers and as of now, his points are in dagger mastery, shadow arts and beast mastery, but that will change.

while the ranger has better armor than the assassin, esp. with magic, I just thought it'd be cool to have a ranger running around with daggers.

Back