Call of Duty

daszo24

Has anyone started a review on Call of Duty yet? If not I'd like to write it. I'll be getting this game for Christmas, so hopefully I'll be able to get a review up by the middle of January.

www.eliteguild.com

i did a review on the burnville demo, im hoping to write one for the whole game, i got it for christmas and i am 90% through it, but then i have to play it in harder difficulty, its on normal now and its tough, theres two more levels up to go! sweet game tho, check out my demo reveiw and lemm know what you think!!!!!

call of duty, altho good in itself, is just yet more of the same, another ww2 shooter *yawn* and a mohaa clone. it would be better if it had been one of the first, but the ww2 shooter genre has been all but ruined for me due to redundant gameplay styles, leaving only 2 i like, the original moh, and rtcw, altho that one is not really a ww2 shooter, just happens to take place during then, lol

I played CoD the other night at a lan party....CS>CoD. The aim is heard and the graphics aren't nearly what I would expect from a game this day and age. The multiplayer is also VERY chaotic and doesn't make a lot of sense.

and, speaking of CS, RTCW/ET > DoD >CS

CS is what it used to be, its very hard to find a good server, and as much as some long time players say its good, which it is, not all try newer things. I used to love CS and DoD, but I tried wolf and loved it, and it replaced CS and DoD as my regular MP games.

But yeah, CoD is lacking in ingenuity, and altho it is a decent game, the MP could have been a lot better.

If you do that, DL the et client and 1.02 patch before buying rtcw, to see if you like it, and if you do not find a good server at first, dont give up, because there are some really bad ones out there, but also some really good ones. If you do decide to play ET, ive got a few serers I frequent that are very good, and while I dont have ref or admin access at all, I can usually persuade people to have relatively fair, fun games, lol

Yeah, it is "better" the MoH, yet very much like it. Only reason I like MoH better is because it was the first type of that type of ww2 shooter, and was good before all its clones ruined the genre. Aside from it, the only WW2 shooter, and these games are only barely considered WW2, are teh Wolfenstein games. Unless you are a die-hard moh fan, or havent played countless ww2 shooter, I wouldnt recommend wasting your money on it
sad.gif

i wrote a Call of Duty review on my site: Review Haven and I give it a 9.6. But its not published yet i will publish the site within this week.

i love the Russian campaign and the graphics are amazing!

you have to be kidding me?!?! call of duty takes medal of honor and utterly crushes it into pieces!!! not only do the graphics far surpass moh, but the controls and features make moh look bad. nothin compares to being able to look down the site of your rifle to line up a shot without croshairs there, its more intense than moh as well. not to mention, hte multiplayer is phenominal. this game is worth every penny. it beats moh in every category i would say.

My point tho is its the same now redundant style of game as MoHAA, and the repetiveness has ruined it for me and for most people I know. Yes it does improve on some features, but it is still nothing more then the "next-version" of MoHAA, a personally im tired of those type of games. Unless that style of game is your favorite or you havent played any games like it before, its just not as good as you could like. Nothing against the developers, they did good on most of it, its just they could have been a little bit more creative and ambitious for a game, because altho it was garunteed a fan base from MoH, that is about it. The game lacks completely in ingenuity and just follows what was a popular trend in games, but its been overused and will die out like all the times before that this has happened.

Back