CAN YOU SAY MAMA-----MAJOR PRAISE AND PRAY

Goodness soo much and then soo little going on here. Let's see less stress and more stress for me....... down to just full time job until "baby angel" comes home, but then there's always the when is she coming home and the pressure from family and other well meaning people.

She's up to 7 pounds 2 ounces but has some feeding/eating issues and stomach problems......We had a major meeting with her doctor and other caregivers trying to come up with a better plan for her.

One of which was to put her back on breast milk without any additives (she now gets 80 mls every 4 hours which is a pint of milk a day) and change her room from the more critical NICU (1) to the less critical NICU (2) which has less distractions and fewer babies etc.

Praises for chromesomal (sp) testing which for what they checked for came back normal. They mostly did this test because she is in the lower range of growing lengthwise.

She will be undergoing yet another reflux test just to make sure there isn't some other issue there we haven't found yet. She also has what they call an umbilical hernia which is supposed to in 95% of the cases heal itself by age of 1.

Oh and btw God does have a sense of humor and it comes when a good laugh or hard situation comes around.

My prayers are still for her to stay there until there's no need for her to be there any more, less stress, more milk making abilities ( don't wanna run out), time management ( includiing down time and rest time), just getting all those things done we can't seem to get finished and of course peaceful relations with family, friends, etc and that everyone knows to put her first not their needs or wants.

Blessings,"Angel"

Next update.....she had some problems after receiving those lovely shots they make all babies get but is trying to get back to where she was before they gave them to her. She weighs over 8 pounds 5 ounces. This weekend I will stay at the hospital with her in a "rooming in" situation where I get to do all of her care etc and learn those things that I don't know yet. She will probably come home with a ng tube......feeding through her nose.... as she still won't eat all of her milk that they want her to take orally. I am probably missing telling you 100's of things but as most parents know sometimes they are just normal things that happen.

I would still appreciate all prayers for us and our family. Also please behave while I am afk. Contact Atown if you need any assistance in this area.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

Smiles "Baby Angel" now how hard was that or "God's Child" which I have called her from the first.

Blessings,"Angel"

We worked out some of the kinks while at the hospital this weekend......she's easy it's all the machinery and other things that have to be done. Please pray for us for sleep and an easy transition over to actually being "real" parents. She gets to finally come home from the hospital tonight after 146 days. We will need patience and sleep and remembering all of the "extra" things we have to do. When I am able to sit down again for a few minutes I will try to let you know what's going on.
Blessings,"Angel"

WOW I never did get to sit down and write. Soo much has been going on I can't believe its been over 3 months since she got to come home from the hospital.

First let me say, I wouldn't trade her for anything. When she came home she was on monitors and a feeding tube. Then her pediatrician put her on continuous feeding over night.....so that meant mostly formula....something as a mama I am still struggling with. (She still gets a bit of mama's milk.)

Then in July she kept pulling her tube out, so we chose to leave it out. She still doesn't eat all that the doctor wants her to but compared to the hospital and and all the force feeding (imo) she will let you know now if you forget to get her fed in a timely manner. She also went through some more shots in July, thankfully she did not have another set back and tolerated them a lot better.

She has gone from nurses coming a few times a week to not at all and from three types of therapy a week to two. She is progressing nicely and each day is amazing what may happen next.
At present time she is working towards sitting up and rolling over. She loves to play with her toys and eat them. She also loves to chatter away and sometimes she surprises us with what we think we hear her say. Still waiting for those first definite real words...hopefully Mama first since I have her most of the time.

The eye doctor said she appears not to have issues at present time and the doctor at the therapy center sees the major improvement since coming home. Her pediatrician had her thyroid checked recently and all appears to be well there too.

I am so happy that I followed my heart and did not let the people pushing us to have a stomach feeding tube...which included surgery....placed. We knew that if we could just get her home things would improve greatly and she has just taken off.

Both my husband and I really can see the difference. When I look at past photos, they just don't look like "my baby" as she has changed sooo much. I have recently went back to work but am only working evenings or when my mom can come visit so we can protect her more.

We finally took her on the 3 hour long trip to my mom's so she could be baptised by the pastor who married us this past Sunday. She got to wear the baptismal gown that has been used for the past 70 years in my family. My uncle, mom, and aunt wore it, then all of their kids (grandkids) and now several of their kids (greatgrandkids). Not too many family traditions still exist nowadays with all of the distances between families so this was a nice one to keep.

Oh I guess you'd like more info on her real progress.....I almost forgot to add it. For a reminder, when she was born in Jan she weighed 1 pound 5.3 ounces and was 12.5 inches long. Now she's 8 months old and weighs 12 pounds and is 24 inches long. Again her doctor wants her to eat a bit more and gain a bit more than she has but we feel she's made remarkable progress.

We still praise God for bringing this miracle into our lives and would also appreciate your continued prayers. We will be starting cold and flu season soon and she will have to get several vaccinations etc and be limitted in outside contact etc.
Thank you for your continued interest and thoughtfulness.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel"

What, I know you feel this already but man God is good! What a beautiful testimony of His amazing faithfulness. Thank-you for giving us the chance to be a witness to that little precious gift.

What, I know you feel this already but man God is good! What a beautiful testimony of His amazing faithfulness. Thank-you for giving us the chance to be a witness to that little precious gift.

couldnt say it better.

ive been raising little puppies bottle fed since 2 days old, and i love to see how they grow and some of them have healed. i cant imagine my own baby lol.it must be a wonderful experience. im glad its all going good, prayin for ya, cause i know god can turn bad into good, and good in amazing, and even better from that:)

For a reminder, when she was born in Jan she weighed 1 pound 5.3 ounces and was 12.5 inches long. Now she's 8 months old and weighs 12 pounds and is 24 inches long. Again her doctor wants her to eat a bit more and gain a bit more than she has but we feel she's made remarkable progress.
Big baby :) I think I was like 8 pounds lol but I was smallish. Grats anyway, reading your post made me feel happy :D :D

I really should take more time to keep this updated better. So hmm trying to turn over a new leaf and share a bit more.

I cannot believe she will be a year old Jan 6th on Epiphany. Time has gone sooo slowly and sooo quickly at the same time. This year has been a wirlwind and such a great blessing from the one above.

The past few months have gone from her fighting the therapists on every task they're working on her with to at least tolerating the things she really hates and moving forward on other things. The past few weeks have shown progress where she is almost at a full crawl.....parents will understand this better.....she moves and pivots around but is not 100% crawling yet. She also does this "yelling" thing now before it was more of a singing voice now it's more of an outside voice I believe mostly so she can hear herself.

She still has some tummy issues but so far meds keep her in check most of the time. Her eye doctor is watching her eyes as she crosses them vertically but adjusts for it by moving her head......all babies have a 3% chance of cross-eyes preemies have a 15% chance.

I am quite the overprotective mama which has paid off well as she just got her first cold this month and that was because someone shared their cold with me.

Everyone asks how she is and most comment on what a "good" baby she is....I keep telling them she's just plain rotten but no one believes me. I feel her first word should really be thank you because of all the compliments she gets.

She loves her puppy....a white lab we've had for years now.....and sometimes she's so distracted she won't eat for us cause she wants her puppy. She's eating more solid food but still gets lots of formula and juice....she is "trying" to feed herself "cheerios."

She had soooo much fun opening her Christmas presents but the wrapping, bows, and tissue paper were her favorites......she could have played with those all day long.

For being such a little baby when she was born, it's just soo remarkable how big she is now (over 15 pounds....all muscle no baby fat here) and all she gets into and does.

She still fights sitting up and she didn't gain weight this past month....my guess is because of her cold. The doctor found a arrhythmia (sp) in her heart this month that we will have to keep an eye on.

We still appreciate all of your prayers and would ask you keep praying and praising God for the blessings we see everyday. This next year many things will be changing for us including me being more of a single mom as we are moving since my husband found a very good new job, but for various reasons we will not be able to move with him until midsummer. Yes mama's gonna need more prayers for her sanity.....hmm or did I ever have that.

I still honestly cannot believe God's infinite wisdom and mercy and true blessings He bestows on us.

Blessings and Hugs, "Angel and Baby Angel"

My wife and I are still praying, and we're still rejoicing with you. :)

Back