CGA/ToJ Forum Skin

Which Skin Do you Like

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

rizz

Just doing some research into a new forum skin. I would appreciate your input. Please go to http://www.themesbydesign.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37 and have a look at the samples. Just click LIVE DEMO to see the skin in action.

Please note that these are just templates. Once a style has been chosen it will be modified to the CGA/ToJ images etc..

Also please note that a new skin probably wont be worked on until version 4.0 of Vbulletin. So this is just a preliminary research exercise. Vote for the one that you like.

Also if you know of any site with some other free Vbulletin templates please direct me so i can have a look round.

Seems like VBulletin v3.7.0 has been gold since the end of April. Not found anything on a 4.0 release date so will make a skin in 3.7.0 compatability and we can worry about 4.0 when it comes, there will be a heap of betas before the final version.

Additional Info:

The current themes i have in mind are:

ToJ_blue : Grey with blue flashes.
CGA_blue : Variation on corporate blue. Tidy and neat
CGA_White : As above but with whites.
CGA_blue2 : Slightly more flashy blue scheme.

I have found some templates (not on the site above) for these and will be doing some work on them sometime soon.

Please reply with votes and/or comments as to the look and feel of a skin you would want. (assuming we can load on multiple skins).

I didn't see any LIVE DEMO links for the Tulip and TealChrist skins.

EDIT: Voted.

Some are missing Live links. I cant remember what i did to view them..

Anyway, some new skins are underway. I may get them done tonight, i just have to stick logos on.

Ok everyone..i've got the first batch of betas from rizz. They have been installed. They are called vbclassic blue(fixed), silver white, vbclassic blue, and knockout. knockout is customized for toj but can be used here to. try them out and post your likes, disklikes and whatnot. Frankly i like knockout as my default skin..:)

I am getting used to Knockout. I was getting used to CGA 2.0 though when it was removed. But this will do just as well. The silver option was too white for me, but regardless... very nice work :D.

Just woke up and am in my university getting ready for my last exam, but couldnt help log in and see if the skins are up.

Nice job on the fix HCS, i noticed i made a mess of the White logo. I will work on a CGA version of knockout this weekend (which should satisfy the black/teal fans).

Am pretty happy with the way the blue one came out but i have a few others i want to play with. Probably expect a fixed white one, a knocout CGA one and another CGA beta within the week (depending on time.. it is a bank holiday weekend but i will be celebrating the end of my exams so... ;))

EDIT: problems i can see in these betas.
BLUE - no roll-up arrows (or not funcional)
WHITE - logo needs a fix
Knockout - smileys need antialias (not something i have the time for)

Other than that i like the knocout one best.

Last edited:
I'm diggin' the Knockout skin.

I may start a poll in ToJ General asking people if they want to set Knockout as the default for all ToJ forums.

Hang fire just yet.. I have fixed up some versions (including a CGA knockout) and loaded up 2 new ones to HCS for him to put on... I am quietly confident the new blue one will be awesomest.

Besides i think there are some bugs in them still. And my VB knowledge is limited.

Knockout is pretty good. I think making the "quote" "Multi" "quick" button blue as well will make them stick out!

Possible. They are designed to fade into the grey though so i would have to redesign all the buttons into a solid blue with edging.. Something that isnt in my time frame, although if any photoshop whizz wants to take up that gauntlet i can send over the main PSD files.

Thanks HCS.. you rock :)

EDIT: the pictures dont seem to be working.. Did i compile it properly? (probably just a case of checking the path).

Did you get the updated white logo and the CGA images for the knockout skin?

Last edited:
Email sent :)

Cant figure out why the images dont work on those two new skins. Do you need me to send them through again?

Back