Cheaters/haxz0rs?

LionOfJudah

Member, Dreamcast Fishing Guru
Why not just make the server C-D required i mean its a small program takes up like NO resources while playing and its all client side... i havent see neone get banned or anything like that with it, but it may help keep random people who just want to cause trouble off the server and may be a deteriant to the cheaters

HEre's the blurb from www.unitedadmins.com the folks that produce cheating death

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Cheating-Death (C-D) is an anti-cheat system which includes both a server and client. Unlike HLGuard, which is a server-side only anti-cheat, C-D offers more protection by blocking the cheats themselves before the player joins the server.

While in optional mode, players are checked for a running C-D client and will rename the player if they don't have C-D currently installed and running. For optimal protection against cheaters, servers can be configured to only allow players running the C-D client.

Unfortunately, the C-D anti-cheat system is incompatible with VAC secured MODs. As of v2.2.0, C-D can work with VAC supported MODs as long as VAC is disabled. Otherwise, C-D will shutdown if VAC is detected.

UA is also working on a new anti-cheat system, that can be implemented by MOD developers, as an alternative solution to Valve's VAC solution. This project is currently code-named Phoenix and will be available to those that are interested. If you are part of a MOD team and are interested, please send an email to info@unitedadmins.com.

it's also a ~250kb download. I used to play on a lot of DoD servers that wouldn't let you join if you didnt have C-D running.

basically, the program situates itself in the program process, between the data processing and the rendering, so that it stops OpenGL hacks, and the like. it doesn't detect cheats, it just makes cheats hard to use.

Punk Buster does the same thing too

God Bless
-ChaosSniper

i dont like PB i have had problems with it and its not the EZest thing to use either....

or may i am justa N 0 0 B

Pwned

Back