"Christian guilds?" thread, 9 pages and counting

Only 9 pages? When the game was first released, any post with the word christian in it (even if it was a name) would spark a flame war with threads getting to over 50 pages long. It should be noted, that most threads break at 30 pages in length, and if not, they are by 50. You can still post to them, making them even longer, but you can't read any of the new posts. So basically, its 50 pages of people thowing in their unintellegent or uninformed opinions.

I love this post:

Christain guild eh?

Well to tell you the truth I would not be found anywhere near a christian guild. I fact I would not touch one with a ten-foot-christian-guild-pole, and I will tell you why. In my opinion, whenever Christians, of which I aslo consider myself to be, make an exclusive club/guild/whatever label you wish to use, there is an implied message that I wish to distance myself from, (we are better than you, you offend us, you scare me, etc). It is my personal goal to be a thoughtful and engaging Christian who will daily try to integrate my faith and beliefs into whatever context I find myself. Whether that be at work, playing sports, playing an online video game, or eating out. There has been alot of unintentional damage done by well meaning Christians who just wanted to have place where they could belong.

Newsflash, you made a decision that will forever inhibit you to "belong." To choose Christ is to choose to be in constant state of counterculture. I understand why, but I urge you to just make friends with people and try to understand them and love them for who they are like a certain carpenter many years ago. Do not go and hide from them.

I love this one too:

I've put my stock in a Christian God because it improves my life. I feel good about the actions I am taking and the values that the religion has instilled in me. Perhaps it IS narrow-minded, but in no way do I doubt that there is a God...it actually feels good to have faith.

Where are all the atheist guilds??? :)

Why not you form one? In the end a guild is a bunch of people with a commonality. Sometimes its as simple as a common interest in an aspect of the game (PvP, end game raids) sometimes its also a peripherial commonality (friends from work, people in a club, religion).

Last edited:
Honestly, for the same reason I'm not IN a guild.

I like being my own guy. I've been in guilds in other MMORPG's before, there's just too much time required to be a good member and that's not something I want to get into at the moment.

[[[[ I understand why, but I urge you to just make friends with people and try to understand them and love them for who they are like a certain carpenter many years ago. Do not go and hide from them. ]]]]]]

Does anyone ever read the Bible? This is not at all what Jesus was like. Modern Christianity is not at all what's in the Bible, it is an all encompassing, easy going, no hard decisions, politically correct, loosely defined "religion". Jesus was anything BUT politically correct. My local golf club has more sane and strict rules than the "Church of Christ" as it has become these days.

Jesus was far from political correctness and I agree, there are more strict rules at a golf club then there is at a Church. I think alot of the churches are trying to make the narrow door a bit bigger.

Back