Christian Pirates?

Malohaut

Caspertine III
Christian Pirates
Air Faction

It’s a concept I had an interest in and wanted to present it to you guys. Basically, I have an airship with room for up to 6 other crewmates. And if we get more, maybe we can branch off to a second or third ship. And even if this airship isn’t able to be moved to the new world, we’ll build her again.

So far, my idea / structure is as follows:

Caspertine III
2 officers, 5 crewmembers

Officers:
Captain and First Mate

Crewmembers:

Cook: Prepares / cooks food for the crew, plants/harvests the ship's crop
Hunter: Surface gatherer – wood, wool, feathers, arrows, etc
Miner: Underground gatherer – rocks, dirt, and ore
Engineer: Makes repairs to ship / town, crafts weapons and armor, maintains arrow stock
Navigator: Map making, keeps us abridged of what’s nearby, maybe helps to do trading with other towns

And nobody is restricted to their job description, but they lead in that area. Everyone can help everyone.

And this is just a starter idea. We can have ranks, events, group study and outings, mission work, mine invasions and the like.

So what do you guys think?

Sir I would love to be a crew member upon an epic ship such as this. Consider me interested.

I remember that there are some plugins that may provide a moving vessel, e.g. blocks you built can move. (movecraft/autocraft/boat mod come to mind.)

Last edited:
@ grey - I think having a flying mod for registered ships would be absolutely king! I looked into some. Zepplin is perfect, but it requires configuration file changes and may present a heavier load on the server. Movecraft is clunky, but may do pretty well. So if you're seriously considering allowing registered ships (both sea and sky) the ability to move, I'll keep up the research.

@ gator and ea - You guys are more than welcome to come aboard, especially now that you can get to the ship from spawn via the tunnel system. We clearly can't move yet, and bedding isn't roomy, but you're more than welcome to build housing down below too. See me in game and we'll get you hooked up, and discuss the other fun things we can do as a group.

:p i think there should be 2 cooks...

Hehe. It's a cool idea, but the cook's job is fairly simple. Just upkeep the hydroponics, bake breads and cakes and cookies, and cook meats as supplies become available. If supplies start to run low, it's the hunter's responsibility to help keep that replenished. Certainly the cook and any other crewmember (including the captain) can help in this regards. Or we could change it where the cook supplies bread and any meats brought to him, but each crewmember should contribute gathering foods outside. We'll see how it goes.

This sounds really cool! If I pop onto the server around 3:15 PM EST this afternoon, would there be someone on who would be able to show this to me? I'm still new to this community and need to find a place to settle in.

I should be on and I'll take you there. It could be a temporary home til you get yourself settled if you want.

xD could always do it the complicated way (; Piston engine... 2 pistons per block on the back of the ship and a lot of work to activate and deactivate the pistons in flight. But so long as the ship is less than 11 blocks in length and doesn't have anything sticking off the top or bottom... oh, right, nevermind xD you'd get a giant pile of blocks in midair, it wouldn't maintain it's shape. Could be fun if anyone wants to find out what their house would look like in 2D though! xD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7A7OWya9gI <- youtube video of the general concept that I had to move the ship, it won't work though because of the air spaces in the ship and probably the size... I've never seen it.

Made it onto the ship and...wow...epic indeed. You've built a mighty fine ship here Malohaut. I'd like to stay here a while if ya don't mind :)

Koah, I put 1 or 2 water buckets in most of the ship's chests.
In case of a fire that could most likely be caused by lightning if the fire goes underneath the balloon thing.

Koah, I put 1 or 2 water buckets in most of the ship's chests.
In case of a fire that could most likely be caused by lightning if the fire goes underneath the balloon thing.

awww no fancy piston extinguishers =p?

Once we get a ship's engineer, I'll be happy to give him the freedom and liberties to come up with such cool ideas for the ship.

Got 2 crewmates so far if Gater's still onboard. And thanks for the water! So far, no fire ... fortunately.

And good to finally meet you EA. We'll get you settled in nicely.

Once we get to the new server, we can start rockin!

Still room for more crewmembers! Keep in mind, though, that this will not be a cliche, or a separate group from the rest of the server. We'll be a fellowship that will strike forth against mobs, help repair damages, and help those in need.

And yes, I loooove veggie tales, especially the Pirates who don't do anything. :D

I'm still on-board but I've been playing a few games I just bought from the Humble Frozen Synapse Bundle, and the PFD is coming in a few days so I have to research things I want to buy with the moniez I get for living in Alaska-land.
I've still been farming in the town though it's just I keep forgetting to farm the hydroponics xD

Alright crew. New mission from your captain!

Go out when you can and collect as much creeper powder as possible. Why? So we can have some fun with our new TNT cannon! I might even build a second cannon on the stern (rear) of the ship.

How do you use this cannon? Well, there are two buttons, one for the propulsion, and one for the ammo. After placing our TNT, press the left button to activate the inner fire, wait for it to throb 3-4 times, then push the right button to delay our cannon TNT's explosion.

I'll help demonstrate in game so we don't blow up the cannon itself.

*edit*

Currently loading a youtube video now. Will post the link when it's up.

Last edited:
HA! Perfect! I actually was just creeper hunting yesterday and got like 20 in 10 minutes, I can get alot more soon, after I finish the first stage of my tower so I can actually safely live in it.

Back