CHRONO TRIGGER and SECRET OF MANA = AWESOMENESS!

Logos

Yeah I know they have been around for a LONG time, but I remember Secret of Mana, was what hooked me to RPGs aside from Dragon Warrior 2...also I have never played Chrono Trigger, and I am excited to now be able to play both...one on my Wii VC and the other on my DS. :) Anyone else out there some Chrono or Mana fans??? :D

Played CT for hours on the SNES, and more on the DS. @__@

<Taps Tek call button> Tek, Tek where are you you Chrono Trigger fanboy?

Yup Chrono Trigger is one of if not the best rpg ever made.

<Taps Tek call button> Tek, Tek where are you you Chrono Trigger fanboy?

Yeah I figured he would be all over this post LOL
Sorry chaps, 'twas a very busy weekend.

And yes, Chrono Trigger and Secret of Mana are two of the greatest games ever created. It's a shame that Seiken Densetsu 3 was never released in the US. (It would have been released as Secret of Mana 2, but the localization was canceled.)

On a related note: In a battle between Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, CT wins by default because its battle system didn't rely on random encounters. Regardless, CT and FFVI are the two greatest RPGs of their generation.

Personally, I prefer the first of the Seiken series - Secret of Evermore.

Also, as an FYI...Seiken Densetsu 3 WAS localized via ROM. I'm not suggesting anybody "steal" it...even though there's no other way to play it outside of learning Japanese. Just saying it seems fair use enough to import a copy off ebay and patch the ROM.

On a related note: In a battle between Final Fantasy VI and Chrono Trigger, CT wins by default because its battle system didn't rely on random encounters. Regardless, CT and FFVI are the two greatest RPGs of their generation.

You sure it's not because you realized Kefka wasn't really that cool?

Last edited:
Also, as an FYI...Seiken Densetsu 3 WAS localized via ROM. I'm not suggesting anybody "steal" it...even though there's no other way to play it outside of learning Japanese. Just saying it seems fair use enough to import a copy off ebay and patch the ROM.
I wasn't going to mention it since it's legally questionable (and anyone who wanted to play a translated ROM of SD3 probably already did so years ago).

But yes, there's a translation patch out there. Insert the usual disclaimers here.

Back