Clarification: new units will likely be in the next expansion

DannyMeister

Tribe of Judah Unreal Tournament 3 Server Operator
This is old news, Blizzard has said this since long before SC2's initial release, but there's been a rumor going around that the expansions won't add anything new to multiplayer.

http://us.starcraft2.com/faq.xml

• How will the expansion sets impact multiplayer gameplay?
The expansion sets will add new content to each race for use in multiplayer matches. This could include additions such as new units, abilities, and structures, along with new maps and Battle.net updates.

I want Gerb-lings! The ultimate, fuzzy, evolution of the Zerg! :p

Last edited:
Dear Blizzard,

Please fix Zerg in Heart of the Swarm.

Sincerely,
Every StarCraft II Zerg player

P.S. Please make the expansion $40 or less, too.
I want Gerb-lings! The ultimate, fuzzy, evolution of the Zerg! :p
That would be a start.

I think at this point they would change gears and add new units. I bet they're already brainstorming ideas and such.

That statement was based on their position probably 2-3 years ago, and I'm sure they've changed their mind by now. I wouldn't be surprised if they added 1-2 new units per race.

I hope so. sc II became so boring so fast.
I think one of the reasons people started getting bored of the game is that a small number of strategies (such as bioball, 4 gate, mass stalkers) emerged as "all-purpose" strategies. There's a tremendous amount of variation in SC2, but players stick with what wins. Even I find myself sticking to mass stalkers or mass void rays in 2v2 games because it works. I'd like to try new strategies, but it feels as though experimentation is punished and sticking with the Same Old Thing is rewarded.

I believe that will change over time as Blizzard tweaks game balance and players discover viable counters to common strategies.

I'm just hoping Blizzard does their part before releasing the first SC2 expansion. :(

Back