Coin Locked Anti-Hacking Technique

I heard folks talking about this today. Seems like an interesting idea... unless your neighbor hacks you. I just wonder what the definition of "significantly" far away is.

I guess I will have an idea how far away, far away is. I am traveling this week and will be at least 1000km away from home (not sure how many miles that is - sorry my American friends - distance being from Vancouver to Edmonton). I'll let you know if they lock me.

I guess I will have an idea how far away, far away is. I am traveling this week and will be at least 1000km away from home (not sure how many miles that is - sorry my American friends - distance being from Vancouver to Edmonton). I'll let you know if they lock me.

I'm traveling this week too. I've heard Blizzard does this too. Someone I knew went to Scotland and account was locked by Blizzard because it wasn't the normal country of origin. Hopefully a trip a few states away doesn't trigger this.

I like the idea! Basically the hacker can only do GOOD things to your account :)

The only downside is you can't do AH transactions...so you money makers beware of travel and plan appropriately!

I believe it's implying that if you have the code, even if your far away, you can un-coin lock yourself :D So really, you have no real limitations.

Back