COMMUNITY DAY OF PRAYER NOVEMBER 27TH

Status
Not open for further replies.

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
Calling  all prayer-ers!!!!!! To start the new church year off right, we would like to have an al day community prayer day starting 12 am Saturday Nov 27th and continuing until 12 am Sunday Nov 28th.  

We can do this in many ways.  People can promise to cover an hour, 30 minutes, or even 15 minutes.  So we  would need 24, 28, or 96 people to volunteer. As you can see 96 people for 15 minutes each really isn't too much to ask for a community as large as we are, but I am hoping that most will opt to pray for a bit longer then 15 minutes.  I do not care if you choose to be in forums, on ts, or other CGA/ToJ areas.  What is important  is that you keep your commitment to God and  the community.

I will post a recommendation on what to pray for etc when we get a bit closer to the actual day.  I will also try to post an updated schedule when I start getting replies.  Please take a few minutes  to check your schedules and send me an IM or email with the time you can cover.  I know with God's help and guidance we can do this and start this new year off right.

Blessings,"Angel"

HMM it seems that some may be waiting to see what to pray for instead of jumping on the band wagon. I was really hoping that I would have more commitments by now so then I could start asking for more people to help on the times not covered. I have also been told that maybe since some may not realize what can be prayed for that maybe you need a little more guidance before you will commit. So here it is.

You can do several things. The following is an outline of what my church suggested on how to pray and what to prayer during our recent prayer vigils.

Pray hymns as you enter Gods presense.... Scripture 1 thes 5:16-18 (verse 17 is the newsletters name)

Pray hymns of confession & forgiveness

Pray hymns of supplication & petition

Pray scripture..... Psalms 23,24,25,27,65,67, 119:1-8 & 106-112 & 169-176, 121

Pray for your nations and the world
presidents, leaders, etc

Pray for those people in military service

Pray for your churches & the Christian Church as a whole
Pastors, ministers, boards, education...etc

Pray for people will are ill, recovering from sickness, or heart break... etc

Pray for family and friends
shut-ins , missionaries,teachers, neighbors, travelers, friends yourself ....etc

Don't forget to pray for the unchurched.

Pray hymns of thanksgiving

The Lord's Prayer

Now I know that there is no way I can touch on each of these areas in less then 60 minutes because I know there are many other things that I may forget. Also sometimes prayer is just letting God speak to your heart and soul. Again I am asking for volunteers so we can start the new church year off with a bang. Again if 15 minutes is all you have then please let me know so I can get everyone signed up as there will be times needing to be covered. If you want to be assigned a time that is not covered that works too but I need to know so we can see what we can accomplish. With God all things are possible and I know this is not unattainable with just a small commitment.

Blessings,"Angel"

There are still several slots available. Come now lords and ladies. Take a minute to pray about this and please sign up. I really want us to be able to do this to the GLORY of GOD but need your help to do that. Do not let that pesky devil win and stop us. I know that this a very good way to start off the church year and the celebration of the upcoming birth of our Lord. Blessings,"Angel"

Where is it being held in?

Yahoo, MSN, AOL, AIM messengers?
TeamSpeak?
Other forms of interacting?
Here?

That's the beauty of it. I am not requesting that anyone have to be in a certain place just that they commit to the community and our Lord to pray during a specific time over any of the listed areas above or other things that come to mind. If you all want to make it a ts or forum or yahoo chat then you need to let me know, but I am not making anyone pray out loud or have to be in a certain place to pray. I may ask for you to post when you are done praying or share any blessings you may receive but that will probably be on a personal preference.
Blessings,"Angel"

Wow so far we have more then half the day covered with others still figuring out their scheduling etc. Come now all of you who haven't committed. You can't find 15 minutes in that whole 24 hour period to pray. Please let me know so I can get the schedule posted. Blessings,"Angel"

Could you or someone make a post with times that are taken/available.. or email me with teh info and i can do it. Im out paintballing most of the day so i need to track my schedule to get there.

Let me know what the schedule looks like and I shall pitch in
smile.gif

Seconding (thirding) the request to know what times are needing to be covered. I'd really love to participate, but as I'm in a timezone something like 20 hours different, I have to do all the conversions and stuff.

Thanks!
smile.gif

I am working on getting a list up. It would be nice if you would contact me in im or email as requested with the times you think you may be able to cover. It has worked for all the others who have signed up so far. I have a chart made but am having a problem moving it here so it is easily read. When I figure that
out, I will post that too. Blessings,"Angel"

Ok guess tables don't work so here are the time slots that still need filling. I have a couple of people who are willing to cover some of the times left over after everyone has picked a slot.

5 am until 6 am
815 am until 1200 pm

315 pm until 6 pm

So who wants to pray for a long long time?
rock.gif
? Any takers. Please Im or email me with the times you can cover so I can add them in and edit.

Blessings,"Angel"

Just noticed the date.....I will be preparing for a birthday party with the rest of my family that day, so chances are I won't be able to do it.
sad.gif

Im out 8am - 6pm sunday 28th (GMT) but will hop into the TS server when i get back as an indication of when i will be praying... I think it should fall in the 3-8pm slot on sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back