Complaints

Status
Not open for further replies.

DBKiLlA

#1  The New Swearing filter.

I'm sorry, but it is completely stupid.  C R A P, and D A R N are NOT swear words...  i didnt agree with some on the past filter...  but filter those words r stupid...  and the filter for LM*O should b changed from **** to rofl..  or something like that (if possible)

#2 Spectator Mode

The first person only on your team spectator mode is stupid.  Who cares if people ghost?  Its a pub.  NOT CPL.  If you see ghosters, you can just kick or ban them.  I started playing cs on toj when I was just a newbie...  it helped to see where i was killed from, and then free look i used to help with walling people.  ALSO it is hard for me to tell if someone is hacking when i cant watch their screen..  and i can tell if someone is..  and i used to call on an admin when i found someone, but now i cant spec them easily..  AND  IF people really wanted to ghost, they could easily!  spectator mode is on.

#3 Some Admin abuse..

I don't like being killed because im asked to switch a team when i am 20 AND 0.  I'll switch when i die, not kill myself and ruin the perfect score.  I go for personal bests all the time and i strive to do better..  i think that was my best score ever, then it got ruined..  i wanted to see how long i could last b4 dying!  I'm almost always the one that switches when im on a stacked team.

#4 Map rotation..

This isnt really a complaint..  kinda...  but aztec2, nuke, cpl_mill, and cpl_fire should be added...  Its good to practise cal (or future cal) maps before you play in matches..  I know its a download...  but once you have it, u dont need to download it again!  I think this would benefit everyone...

Thx for listening...

Your friend,
DBKiLlA.

I agree

I unno....

Who are YOU to say they are abusing their power?

CS just doesnt have enough maps.....

I think hes talking about orginal server and i agree with it the only thing that makes me mad is hax and stax
sad.gif

1#: Depends on the Admin.

2#: I'm not an Admin, so I wouldn't know.

3#:
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]not kill myself and ruin the perfect score

Are you recording all your scores to impress someone? Does ToJ have a Stats system like [Cts]?

I hate it when people are obessed of getting a perfect winning streak than having fun...or actually playing the game.

4#:  
rock.gif

1) actually  they are curse words. They're expletives through and through.  Just because they have become 'acceptable' to society at large does not negate the fact that they're expletives.

2) Just because you see no problem with ghosting, does not negate the fact it is cheating.  Having the system set up as it is now, helps lower that particular problem.

3)  I don't like having to ask multiple times for someone to switch teams.  If I do, they are subject to the usualy penalties of disobeying an admin.

4) That is making the assumption that everyone is playing CS to be a part of CAL.  I have no need to play those maps, because I don't want to be a part of CAL.  If you want custom maps, use the Custom CS Server, or go to a CAL Map server.

1. if those are swear words.. what can u say if u.. i dont know.. darn is not a swear word..

2. What other pubs do that? It affects the learning experience. Admins can tell when people ghost then could deal with it accordingly.

3. I am talking about striving for my personal best.. don't u remember your highest score ever?

4. Cal or not, its still good maps, and it helps to know them

1) There is never a need for an expletive. End of discussion. As for darn, unless you are talking about patching your socks, it is a curse word.

2) And your point is?

3) Actually no. I just got off the server (we're talking less than a minute ago), and for the life of me, I cannot remember what my score was.

4) If I have no intention or desire to play them, why does it help to know them? As well, if we're a standard map only server, it helps keep bandwidth down (users not downloading maps) and is better on dailup users, since they don't have to download said maps. Which for dailup, takes a while.

The final word...

1. Its for the admins to decide what is appropriate language... While i use both of those words in standard language, the point you have to ask yourself is not what words can i get away with saying on the server, but why am i saying those words at all.

2. Team only spec stands.. if you werent part of the entire ghosting incident then you will not understand how annoyed the admins were. This will never be reversed.

3. Admins reserve the right to even up the teams whenever they wish. If you moaning that its only a pub, why do you care so much about your 1337 score. Our server is meant to be a clean, safe place to have fun not for people to spank up the other side unfairly... Im sorry if you dont like it, but you cant tell them about God in one breath and then totally ruin the enjoyment of the game for them with another.

4. I will make a post looking into the mapcycle.. For one i know the server empties whenever chateau comes on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back