couple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atown

Christian Gamers Alliance Amazon Store Manager
Staff member
1. i know that God is all knowing and whatnot but do u think God learned anything when Jesus came to earth? i mean He learned first hand complete temptation, pain, sorrow etc. Think He understood more of about a humans life?

2. Did Jesus spend all of His time in the temple and stuff or did he go out and play with all His little friends when He was a kid?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1. i know that God is all knowing and whatnot but do u think God learned anything when Jesus came to earth? i mean He learned first hand complete temptation, pain, sorrow etc. Think He understood more of about a humans life?

By suggesting that there is some thing, any thing, that God didn't or doesn't or will not know, then you are questioning God's omniscience. If God isn't or can't be omniscient, then it can't be GOD.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]2. Did Jesus spend all of His time in the temple and stuff or did he go out and play with all His little friends when He was a kid?

Good question. Unfortunately the Bible omits a good two thirds of Christ's life on earth.

err no i would just think God may have learned something on earth being fully human....

1. God didn't come to learn, he came to teach. One of the most important things he taught was that it was indeed possible to live the life he had set out in the scriptures.

2. Jesus as a child was probably unaware of his Godly nature. It wasn't until his baptism that Jesus didn't become fully aware of it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Nov. 02 2004,3:14)]err no i would just think God may have learned something on earth being fully human....
By stating that God LEARNED something is to imply that He did not know it to begin with.

How can God not know something if He is omniscient?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dark Virtue @ Nov. 02 2004,1:10)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]1.
By suggesting that there is some thing, any thing, that God didn't or doesn't or will not know, then you are questioning God's omniscience.  If God isn't or can't be omniscient, then it can't be GOD.
Not necessarily. I believe that before Jesus 'came to earth' in human form, God did not 'have' repentance, whatever that means.

What exactly do you mean?

I stand by statement. If God is omniscient then He knows EVERYTHING (remember the knowing the number of hairs on your head verse).

There can't be ANYTHING that God doesn't know/hasn't known/will not know. Stating anything to the contrary negates God's omniscience, thus negating God as God.

god HAS learend soemthign. i mean even i cannot comprehend the mind of god. jesus has been there the whole time. it says so. it is so mind boggling. and DV this is NOT a contradiction. we cannot use human words to describe God. we need God's umm... i dunno. way of doing stuff? i dunno how, this is human vocab.
tounge.gif
jesus tells god what being human is like.

--------------

forget what i said. i read my post and it is just a bunch of mind boggling words that make no sense cause it is a long rant. but so is tihs. just forget it.
laugh.gif

Silent, I think you REALLY need to step back and look at what you're saying.

How can God LEARN anything? Learning implies that you didn't know something to begin with and have to be taught.

God, however, knows EVERYTHING that was, is or will be.

God can't learn anything because He already knows it.

To say differently means that God isn't omniscient.

If God isn't omniscient, He can't be God.

OR are you asserting that God simply doesn't know everything because He is NOT omniscient?

Now let's take this a step further.

God didn't HAVE to send Jesus down to learn what it was like to be a human, HE ALREADY KNEW THAT.

Any sacrifice that Jesus made was of God's own devising.

yup. u can try to understand PART of god. i think u got the right idea. somethings are just going ot be amystery til i talk to him.:O

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Genesis1315 @ Nov. 06 2004,12:18)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Any sacrifice that Jesus made was of God's own devising.

All because of a piece of fruit.

God's justice requires a payment for sin, God's love provided that payment
This goes beyond a piece of fruit.

This is akin to entrapment.

God created Satan KNOWING he would fall.

God created the Garden of Eden WITH forbidden fruit.

God created Man KNOWING he would fall.

God WANTED Satan to tempt Eve who would, in turn, tempt Adam and start the fall of man. God WANTED and NEEDED Man to fall.

He knew what Adam and Eve and Satan would do. Yet He still let everything happen.

Would you want someone to be with you because they wanted to, because they had to, or because they had no other choices?

Is it right to want to be with someone because you want a reward/ fear a punishment?

Don't forget, the heaven/hell thing is a big part of the belief equation. How many people would believe without it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Genesis1315 @ Nov. 06 2004,4:19)]Would you want someone to be with you because they wanted to, because they had to, or because they had no other choices?
Good question.

God wants Man to follow Him because:

1) They Want To
2) They Have To (in order to have salvation which leads to eternal life)
3) Because Man has no other choice (other than eternal damnation)

Looks like God chose 2 & 3

God didn't offer Man eternal life with Him or eternal life in the Elysian Fields. God set forth an ultimatim: Choose Him or Be Damned.

Gen, you said yourself that you didn't choose Christianity because of a love for God, you chose it because it offered Salvation. Therefore, you personally chose #2. Now, how many other Christians have been forced to make choice #3?

Would you still follow God if you got nothing out of it? Would you serve this God if you had no afterlife? What if everyone went straight to hell? Would you still follow him? You chose him for a REASON, and it wasn't love.

so what are you trying to do? trying to justify god's actions? are you saying he made bad ones? would you be a better god? no way. not one of us would. if any one of us were, we woulda blown up the earth a um...... let's see.... long time ago. i repeat again (*sighs >.<*), you cannot understand god's actions. technically we shouldn't have any reason to live from the start. instead he gave us eternal life.
tounge.gif
You need to stop treating this like a debate topic and go for it. I think that because you look at things "out of context" (i'm not referring to that god made things knowing it would fall) you find things very contradicting. find me a verse that contradicts in the bible! i will gladly take it up along with a bunch of other ppl. i DO know that certain passages say something like "he will put a cloud of dellusion over their eyes and they shall continue their evil ways". That is for the people who KNOW the truth, but they reject it REPEATEDLY over and over and over, and over and over and over..... i really need to ask marcylene to explain what i mean. if she knows what i mean...
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (SilentAssassin @ Nov. 06 2004,8:29)]You need to stop treating this like a debate topic and go for it. I think that because you look at things "out of context" (i'm not referring to that god made things knowing it would fall) you find things very contradicting. find me a verse that contradicts in the bible! i will gladly take it up along with a bunch of other ppl. i DO know that certain passages say something like "he will put a cloud of dellusion over their eyes and they shall continue their evil ways". That is for the people who KNOW the truth, but they reject it REPEATEDLY over and over and over, and over and over and over..... i really need to ask marcylene to explain what i mean. if she knows what i mean...
tounge.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]so what are you trying to do? trying to justify god's actions? are you saying he made bad ones? would you be a better god? no way. not one of us would. if any one of us were, we woulda blown up the earth a um...... let's see.... long time ago. i repeat again (*sighs >.<*), you cannot understand god's actions.

LOL, anyone remember the Flood? How close was God to destroying the earth then?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]technically we shouldn't have any reason to live from the start. instead he gave us eternal life.

God has not GIVEN us eternal life. If He had, He would have let A&E eat from the Tree of Life. But He didn't now did He? Because man had already become like God, knowing good and evil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]You need to stop treating this like a debate topic and go for it. I think that because you look at things "out of context" (i'm not referring to that god made things knowing it would fall) you find things very contradicting. find me a verse that contradicts in the bible! i will gladly take it up along with a bunch of other ppl. i DO know that certain passages say something like "he will put a cloud of dellusion over their eyes and they shall continue their evil ways". That is for the people who KNOW the truth, but they reject it REPEATEDLY over and over and over, and over and over and over..... i really need to ask marcylene to explain what i mean. if she knows what i mean...
tounge.gif

There are plenty of contradictions in the bible, I don't need to make any up. If you want to see some, look at the BIBLE thread, there are a few in there.

he did it the first time. i do not understand the part of god that he IS ISISISISISIISIS the future hte past and the present. neither can anyone else here (i guess). reading your sig, i believe that the "christians" after jesus's time *maybe like 300 years or until mid ages* were very BAD. they killed people cause they were catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! or protestant!!!!!!!!! they are hipocrytes. man i just speelld that right. now i screwed it up.
laugh.gif
anyway i'll go check out your bible thread. and pull out mine. and answer ur 'contradictoins' BRING IT ON!!!

I think you also need to check out the history of the early church.

They didn't wait 300 years to become bad.

More like 1 or 2.

Remember the Gnostics?

Of course you don't, because the early church wiped them, and other competing sects, out by the 6th century.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back