CS Server Update

Plankeye

For all members who play CS on the ToJ CS server, I wanted to let you know that HLGuard has been installed.

HLGuard is a server side anticheat tool.  The nice thing about it is that it does not require to download a client like Cheating Death.  This means that you will see more messages when you connect to the server now.

We are still playing with the HLGuard settings so if you see something strange related to HLGuard, let me know.

ToJ Server listing page: http://www.toj.cc/phpua

*starts a book on the first toj member to get auto-banned...

laugh.gif
blues.gif

Yeah, i saw that earlier today....i said "This is new"

it caused much change to my daily life....i'm very upset........so okay maybe not!

So far no one has been banned yet by the application so I guess you guys aren't a bunch of hackers like you accuse each other of being...  
wink.gif

the only problem i have with hlgaurd is it has been causing me to lag, alot, i thought that VAC was fine tho, on this server i used to be admin on HLguard only banned one obvious hacker, the others we had to get demos and even then it was hard to tell, my point being, if someone wants to they can easily get around hlgaurd, i personally think that it is over-rated, just my thoughts not my server....least not YET!!!
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

VAC doesn't catch everything. Cheating death doesn't catch everything and either does HLGuard. It is just another tool to help out. I forgot where I mentioned this was the end all tool to keep hackers off the server. Oh wait, thats right, I never said that.

I played last night after enabling it and had no change in my average ping. No noticable lag either. HLGuard can lag a server if you enable everything but I have only enabled specific elements. So for the time being it is in place.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Plankeye Posted on July 21 2004,9:04: This means that you will see more messages when you connect to the server now.

...and what do the messages look like? are they on the ToJ server menu rules screen?

That just means that when you first connect you will have to agree to let it scan your hardrive, and then once its done it will publicly announce the scan has been completed on your machine.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Parakletos Posted on July 23 2004,5:09: when you first connect you will have to agree to let it scan your hardrive

rock.gif

when does it show that?

I saw that it was scanning me, kinda slow for the others......

I disabled the agreement message. It was causing some people to have problems joining teams right after they connected.

Only thing HLGuard disables i believe, is probably ex_interp set to 0. It's always set to value 1 and locked there when entering the HLguard enabled servers.

good to hear, i guess my message got through somehow?

Back