Custom Avatars

Arkanjel

If anybody wants a custom 3D avatar, let me know. I need the practice and would love to stretch my abilities. The avatar that I use is one I made. If I cant do it Ill let you know, but almost anything is possible!

Yay! Interest! Ok give me a bit to get these things whipped together, at least some rough drafts. SirThom, Ill see what I can do for you, Ive never done any human faces, so maybe something more iconic, Ill see what I can think up. The worm should be no problem either hescominsoon.

SirThom, Ill see what I can do for you, Ive never done any human faces, so maybe something more iconic, Ill see what I can think up.
That's cool...iconic is fine. Also, abstract is nice, too. =)

Curious, because I like 3D modeling and such as well: what program(s) do you use to make these avatars? =)

SirThom said:
Curious, because I like 3D modeling and such as well: what program(s) do you use to make these avatars? =)

The rendering and some of the modeling is done in Strata 3D CX

I do the bulk of my modeling in Wings 3D and then import it into Strata for finishing touches. The finishing touches being textures, lighting, camera position and all that good stuff.

I have an online gallery that I have put some of my work into that you can view here. I have not put up all my stuff as most of it is half finished experiments. Its a fun program to use, and is quite powerful. :D

Arkanjel said:
The rendering and some of the modeling is done in Strata 3D CX

I do the bulk of my modeling in Wings 3D and then import it into Strata for finishing touches. The finishing touches being textures, lighting, camera position and all that good stuff.

I have an online gallery that I have put some of my work into that you can view here. I have not put up all my stuff as most of it is half finished experiments. Its a fun program to use, and is quite powerful. :D
Oooh! And Wings 3D has a Mac version, too! I'll definitely be checking this out. Thanks! =)

SirThom said:
Oooh! And Wings 3D has a Mac version, too! I'll definitely be checking this out. Thanks! =)

Sure thing! Its always fun to share cool software. I have Wings3D on my computer here at work, and in between being busy I have thrown the crazy worm together. Still lots to do, but at least its something to look at. .se3ker. I have been trying to think of things that are Indiana Jones-ish. I started modeling a fedora, but that is kinda tuff, perhaps Ill com up with something more along the lines of the first scene of the first movie...dunno well see what happens. And SirThom I have a good idea in mind for you, I just need to make it.....yup its a secret :D Anyways here is the worm in progress.

wormshot2a.jpg

hi im new here at cgaliance and i wuz wanderin how to get my avatar up. i cant find where to insert it at:confused: . any help would be greatly apreciated.
oh by the way, cool lookin worm! it looks like it must take a while to make.

king james said:
hi im new here at cgaliance and i wuz wanderin how to get my avatar up. i cant find where to insert it at:confused: . any help would be greatly apreciated.
oh by the way, cool lookin worm! it looks like it must take a while to make.

Click the "quick links" drop down menu near top right while logged in, and click on "user control panel" and on left hit "edit avatar"

Here is what Ive come up with for .se3ker. The bigger image looks good, but its harder to see when scaled down.

seekera9jb.jpg

Thanks guys! Its always nice to hear feedback no matter what it is, and especially when its good feedback. If anybody wants a copy of any of these files, let me know and Ill send them to ya. :)

Could you do something involving a Mandalorian Bounty Hunter (if you don't know, its like Boba/Jango Fett) jettisoning off with a jetpack, pointing dual blaster pistols at the viewer, saying "You have been owned by C$, n00b" or something?

To, how you say, test your skills? :D

Sorry guys, I have been way busy and have not worked on anything for a bit. Ill get to it and get some more stuff up. As for the Mandolorian Bounty Hunter, I could probably come up with something, but it wouldnt be a posed figure. I havent done any human modelling yet. Perhaps the helmet or maybe the blasters. I need to finish up the worm for sure.

Back