Delayed Return :(

Bremyn

Hey guys,

Well it appears my retrun to Aion may be delayed a bit. My computer pooped out last night. I'm pretty sure the CPU died. Unfortunately, with the holidays and all other expenses I can't afford to get it going again until January....bleh :mad: I'm not even going to bother trying run Aion on my laptop. No way it would work.

I was really looking forward to having some time to play Aion over the Christmas break. Oh well, maybe the Lord is trying to tell me something. I'll stay in touch until I can come back.

Lord bless,
Jay

Hi Jay,
I hope you will be able to fix your computer soon!
Looking forward to play with you in the future.

-Bruce

Oh I almost had same prob i thought my Video Card went out the other night thankfully it is ok :). Are you sure it is the CPU and not like the power Supply?

The power supply would be one of my first checks too.
Reckon we'll see you when we can! :)

It's rare for the CPU to give out. I would also check the power supply. They're not very expensive, generally.

Its not the power supply. Its getting power. when I turn it on all the lights and fans come on, but it it doesn't boot up. Just lights on and fans spinning.

Sounds like the motherboard isn't completing the power on self test. I've seen faulty power supplies cause this. The system will get partial power but not all. It would be nice if you had a friend with a spare power supply to test out this theory. If it's not the ps then the motherboard may be fried :(

*edit: or the hard drive as dredd suggests

Actually I have a power supply from my old comp laying around. I will throw it in and see what happens. Also my kids have a power supply in their comp I can use.

Last edited:
Well you were right! It was my power supply. Looks like you guys will see me online again probably tomorrow! Would log on right now, but we are going out for some family fun. :D

Thanks for the help!
Jay

Back