Caleb

I've found out that Deus Ex 2 has high system
requirements, it's:

P4 1300
256 MB Ram
32 MB Video card
2 GB Hard drive

and does'nt work on MX video cards. How do
you people feel about the system requirements?

It's teh sux0rs
mad.gif

Well, not really but they could have done a much, much better job.
rock.gif

Thats setup aint to good, that's a very low-end system for today. Dues Ex 2 don't work on mine either only because the pixel shader technology it requires is not on my card, a gf4mx440 8x agp 64mb, but every card higher then it does. But for most games coming out from now on, don't expect that machine to run them, and if it can, the games will not run well
sad.gif

Bleh. is Dues that good? it came with my Creative SB Audigy Gamer.. I don't think it was better then CS, so i chucked it back in the box. I tried the other one, Giants : Citizens of Kabuto.. and i rate it Horrible. Some funny jokes and laughs, and thats it. Wholes things boring.

there is a away around the pixel shader graphics but since I'm a geek my PC ran it just fine.
biggrin.gif

giants was pretty bad in more ways then one. deus ex tho is an awesome game worthy of its game of the year award from various places.

i only dont like it cuz my laptop is MX vedio card
mad.gif
but if you look at the time when Deus Ex came out it had a higherstandard for requirements than this did, i expected something like

P4 2Gighz
512 ram
64mb vediocard

I played through the demo on my new comp after some tweaking it ran with almost everything Max but I would get random crashes it had to do with turning on night vision or flashlights got that taken care of by taking off the fast write on the Radeon 9600. I notice tho it just randomly likes to crash I checked out the Deus Ex forums and apparantly it does not like the Radeon 9600 Pro and crashes on a wide range of systems. In fact there is quite a few crash bugs in the Xbox version.

Did they even play test this thing saving your settings with the Save file is the worst idea ever, when ever I start a new game I have to reset everything to what It should be. The Grahpics are nice but it chugs around often and could defintley have been optimized pre release. Lastly the main reason it runs poorly is the PC version comes with most of the xbox settings turned on like memory cache and the weapon/biomod thing being to close to the center of the screen. If they even play tested the PC version once they would have cought those.

Back