Discontinuing subsription

Two things:

1) The problem with caps based on population are players like Zandaris, Ilya, and me. We each have multiple tier4 toons. I have 1 of 2 active, Ilya has 2 of 4 active, and Zandaris has 0/3 active. So between two players, we have 3 of 9 toons active. How do you count that towards pop caps?

2) Mythic does have another solution, although it's not one that's been highly marketed. Transfers are up for people on Iron Rock to move to 5 other servers with med/med populations. Unfortunately, anyone that has recently moved is not eligible for transfers (I think there is a 30-day wait). But the IR folks that are complaining because of the numbers of destro that have shown up to their "quiet little server" have a chance to move out or shut up. Less QQ from them will help dramatically.

Hopefully, the destro get bored and leave... because let's face it: it's not fun to dominate 500-2 every single scenario, either.

Agreed.

Besides, Order would leave first as it is far less fun to get annihilated 2-500 every time.

If log on Durruck, you only contribute 1 person to the population. All the toons not logged in contribute nothing to anything. So if 5 people, each with 4 toons for a total of 20 toons, each in a different tier, log on, they only contribute to the population of the tier with the toon they've logged on. If you log on to your T3 tier, population in the T3 tier goes up 1. Not 1 for your T1, T2 and T4 for a total of 5. So it would be real time populations adjustments.

So lets say the pops work out like this:

T4 D: 160 O: 125
T3 D: 100 O: 110
Total D: 260 O:235

T4: Order is getting a bonus of 28% to Renown and Victory points
T3: Destruction is getting a bonus of 10% to Renown and Victory points

Lets say 5 T4 Destro log out and relog into T3 to take advantage of the bonus and 5 T3 order logged out and logged into T4 to take advantage of the T4 bonus, the new population would be like this:

T4 D: 155 O: 130
T3 D: 105 O: 105
Total D: 260 O:235

T4: Order is getting a bonus now of 19%
T3: Has balanced out

Overall population balance has Destro outnumbering Order by more then 10% so no more destruction can log on until overall balance is restored.

T4 Destro are still rolling Order in scenerios and Orvr, but Order is getting more renown points for their effort and should they win or take Battle Objectives, they also get more victory points.

Last edited:
2) Mythic does have another solution, although it's not one that's been highly marketed. Transfers are up for people on Iron Rock to move to 5 other servers with med/med populations. Unfortunately, anyone that has recently moved is not eligible for transfers (I think there is a 30-day wait). But the IR folks that are complaining because of the numbers of destro that have shown up to their "quiet little server" have a chance to move out or shut up. Less QQ from them will help dramatically.

FYI for those reading thread..this is for toons <11. Any toon over 11 has no option to move off Iron Rock currently.

exactly, as a veteran I know that 11 levels is such a minimal investment. It is basically for the 10day trial new-players to be able to move to a friend's server if they buy the game and not have to start over if they like their toon.

Back