Do u believe in excorsism

Who really cares for the victims on earth, we just make them statistics that we discuss during election time. Then we forget. My signiture says it all.
I find it weird that we in canada and america always give food to third world countries, yet there are guys in north america that are eating from garbage cans.

I wish people would think about thier arguments before attacking God verbally. Don't try to play victim...
I personally know many people fed and clothed by God. I see it happenning all the time. I don't even know anyone who is starving. I never will either

I thought about it, u haven't been downtown at 2 in the morning, and seeing people sleeping in the cold, and eating from scraps they found in dumpsters.
Have u worked at McDonalds and had people look through the garbage for used cups that they can use for refills.

I am reminded of the story of a man who survived an airplane crash over the pacific. Swimming in the waters, he comes to the realization that he is the only survivor. He spots a small island off in the distance and swims safely to the shore. As a good Christian man, he gives thanks to the Lord for his life and for forming an island to which he could find shelter after this tragedy. He also prays for his rescue. After which, he begins the process of setting up a camp. He builds himself some shelter, sets traps for food and lights a fire.

The next day, he spots a luxurious cruise ship anchored off shore. Coming from the ship is a party of the ships staff on a life boat. The people from the boat call out to the marooned man:

“Ahoy, we spotted your fire from a far. Knowing these islands are uninhabited, we thought you might be in need of assistance. We have a luxurious suite available and it is yours until we reach port. At which point, you can make further arrangements to get home. If you need to be taken further then the next port, you are more then welcome to stay with us at no cost to you.”

To which the man replied. “Good sirs, thank you for your generosity. Alas, I am a good Christian man and I believe that God will rescue me from my current predicament. So I say again, thank you and I bid you bon voyage.” And with that, the men returned to their ship and carried on without the stranded man.

The next day, an aircraft carrier was anchored of shore. A helicopter was hovering above his shelter. A navy seal had just rappelled from the helicopter and was standing in front of him.

“Sir, we spotted your fire from a far. Knowing these islands are uninhabited, we thought you might be in need of assistance. Sir, we have a suite available and it is yours until we reach port. At which point, you can make further arrangements to get home. If you need to be taken further then the next port, you are more then welcome to stay with us and enjoy our hospitality.”

To which the man replied. “Good sirs, thank you for your generosity. Alas, I am a good Christian man and I believe that God will rescue me from my current predicament. So I say again, thank you and I bid you bon voyage.” And with that, the men returned to their ship and carried on without the stranded man.

The next day, the man awoke to two dolphins making a ruckus just off shore. The man went to shoo them away. He waded into the water and approached the frolicking dolphins, they began to speak to him.

“O human, we spotted your fire from a far. Knowing these islands are uninhabited, we thought you might be in need of assistance. We have no suite or luxuries to offer but we can carry you on our backs and swim great distances without tiring. Name the place you want to go and we will take you there.”

At this point, the man thought he was hallucinating and told the dolphins. “You can not speak English, you are dolphins. Truly, I must be hallucinating. I am a Godly man and I faith that God will save me.”

With that, a shark came by and ate the man up.

The man, finding himself in front of Jesus was rather quite stunned. He questioned Jesus:

“Jesus, you promised me that you would be with me at all times.”

“Yes I did.” Jesus replied.

“Then, where were you when I needed you the most? Why did you not rescue me from that island? Why did you let me get eaten by a shark?”

To which Jesus replied, “I sent my good and faithful servant a luxurious cruise ship that had the best of amenities for you and you also turned away the help of the naval forces. To let you know that I, your Lord, have been concerned and sending you help, I sent dolphins to speak to you. And finally, I sent a shark to bring you home to me.”

Many people who you see at 2am rummaging through McDonalds garbages, or sleeping in the park have choosen to not accept the help of people who Jesus has sent into their lives. There are as many if not more volunteers helping the down trodden then there are down trodden themselves. There is no excuse for a person sleeping on the bench to not be sleeping in a shelter. Even the excuse of there are not enough beds at shelters is mute in that downtown churches open their doors for these people as well. There is always more then enough food at the local "soup kitchen." Downtown restaurants tend to be the largest food donors to inner city support services.

Many of the homeless say that they don't want to lose their dignity by accepting handouts from people and they would rather sleep in the park when it is thirty below.

I am sure that what ever circumstances have occoured to see them forced on the street are, or were, beyond their control. But staying there is totally their decision.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I thought about it, u haven't been downtown at 2 in the morning, and seeing people sleeping in the cold, and eating from scraps they found in dumpsters.
Have u worked at McDonalds and had people look through the garbage for used cups that they can use for refills.

What does Mr. Social conscience Joseph do when he see's people living like this?

Actually I've given away alot of money to people I see on the street. I've bought them coffie and food. But I''m a recient grad and if I don't pay my student loan off I'll be joining them soon. And if u talk to some of them there's not enought room in shelters for all of them.
I once worked at one of those daily labour places for a week because I needed money because I was going to the island for the weekend, and needed beer money. I talked to some of them, they were making $50 a day doing hard labour. They can't take a day off to look for a real job, because that means they won't eat that day and have to sleep on the streets. Alot of them are stuck in a cycle.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I thought about it, u haven't been downtown at 2 in the morning, and seeing people sleeping in the cold, and eating from scraps they found in dumpsters.
I have seen this, but you said Jesus doesn't feed the poor. I'll use a fancy word: "non-sequitur"

I think what your really asking is why is there pain in the world when there is a perfect and loving God, no?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]needed beer money.

Hardly life or death circumstances

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I talked to some of them, they were making $50 a day doing hard labour.

Thats about $10,000 to $13,000 per year, tax free none of which is required for rent or food.  Seems to me it still is pretty free money to get begin getting ahead in life.  But, your figure of $50 a day seems rather low.  Pan handlers in Calgary make an average of $75 a day tax free.  There was a news story of one who could easily earn upto $200 per day pan handling.  I know at cash corner in Calgary, the people make about $100 per day.  At least, thats how much we pay them.

yes it was party on the weekend or stay at home and watch tv. $50 is not that much. It costs 20 just for a room for the day. And these guys don't work everyday , its first come first serve for labour jobs. Sometimes there was 20 jobs availible sometimes there was 5. When did panhandelers make that much money, most people in vancouver have stoped giving money because some of them use it for drugs. We usualy buy food or give gift cards that they can use at safeway.

Yeah thats what I was getting at in the start. We live in a place where u could be killed or raped anytime. When I was a kid we pretty much went anywhere and everywhere. There were no worries. Now u can't really leave your kid out without supervision because they could be grabbed and assulted. There were still weirdos out there but not as many as now.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]We live in a place where u could be killed or raped anytime.
yes its true, horrible things happen everyday. I'm sure there are little innocent kids that are hurt/ killed all the time. When people hear that God loves them, I hear the argument how can a loving God let bad things happen?  

First off, honestly I don't know, but I'll tell you what I do know. When God originally created the world he did not want things to end up like this. He created man and woman in the garden of eden without sin or pain. As I'm sure you have heard, sin entered the world, and with sin entered pain and misery. Satan decieved us, and lead us into a life of pain. Everyday he claims more souls as his own to be eternally damned.
I find it interesting everyone is quick to point the finger at God. I personally don't see how it is God's fault there is pain and suffering in the world. He told us what not to do. After we messed up, he gave us a second chance. After we messed up the second chance he gives us a third chance. No, God is not responsible for the blood shed, he is responsible for anything good that we still have. All you have to do is trust in God, and He will lead the way. When you follow God the end is certain. God knows the pain of those who suffer. God died the worst death of anyone. The whole world seemed to be against Him. God never asked anyone to endure what He Himself wasn't willing to go through.  
I have seen other peoples lives but I do not know other peoples lives. I think the same is true for you. If God leads me into a life of poverty I hope I would trust God, and watch God provide. (Mat 6:26-30) I don't know how the poor live thier lives. I doubt living in america that I would ever see poverty. I heard the joke that Gods_Peon gave, but I never thought of associating it with the poor. I totally agree. many of the homeless keep themselves in that situation. They don't want to change thier habbits, so thier lives wont change.
70 years here will be nothing compared to what is to come. I'm tired of rich americans feeling sorry for themselvs. Wipe your tears and put one foot in front of the other. Many people have it much worse than we do.

He has:

Joseph = Guest
Guest = JoBlow

Joseph was banned from the forums and his acocunt was deleted. That issue has been dealt with and now: Joseph = JoBlow.

i really strongly believe that people themselves if they are strong in christ can pull through BUT i also do believe a rarity in the world, several [like 5 or less people] actually have been granted the gift from god to help people, but MY OPINION is that most of these people are phonies.

I believe in exorcisms.

I mean, didn't Jesus cast out demons from a naked man and sent them into a bunch of wild pigs? I seem to remember several occasions where Jesus performed exorcisms. He even said that we would have teh power to "Cast out demons"

Back