Doom III & Satanic Symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a great idea! Let's all argue ad nauseum until this whole issue is lost in the debate. I promise we'll have the chance to form grudges you can hold on to like a snuggly stuffed animal!

Or, you could realize that this is one of those issues where each Christian must be guided by his own conscience, and not blast others for what, if it is sin, doesn't involve anybody else but themselves.

...Like that's any fun.

Well one thing is for sure, whenever you start either a politcal debate or religious debate people will be VERY opinionated. Everyone has different views and everyone has different meanings. Most of our influences come from the way we were raised. Thus the MANY differing meanings of hell or sheol or whatever you wanna call it. Thankfully God has mercy on us all and gave us a standard to lead our lives by. That standard was and is Jesus the Christ. He fulfilled all the prophecies and all the requirments to take back the title deed of earth and all its inhabitants past, present and future. With all the inconsistencies in life and everyones theories, the only one constant we have is Christ. Thus saying "What would Jesus do?" is what should be going through our minds for every descision we make. So with that said, Do you think Jesus would spend money on Doom 3? LOL for that matter would Jesus even spend time in front of a computer?!
Anyways if you are looking for an example of an everlasting fire, just look up in the sky on a sunny day. Our closest star in a great example. Yes it is slowly burning up its contents, but I believe that pre-fall (before the fall of Adam) the sun was a perfect reactor. It was a self sustaining fire. When Adam fell ALL of creation became corrupt. Therefore it must be that if God made us to live for eternity in a bodily form, which is what his intention was for Adam, then ALL of creation must have been made to last for an eternity.

In Christ,
Gabriel

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arkanjel @ Aug. 17 2004,10:11)]Everyone has different views and everyone has different meanings. Most of our influences come from the way we were raised. Thus the MANY differing meanings of hell or sheol or whatever you wanna call it.
That has absolutely NOTHING to do with the different meanings of "hell". You are casting a blind eye to an obvious problem with the Bible. The problem is in the translation, or in this case, the MIStranslation. It's a misunderstanding that has been perpetuated throughout history.

YOUR decision is whether to go along with it or to prove it right to yourself, to actually UNDERSTAND it instead of following something blindly.

You know im sorry for being stupid here Dark Virtue, but please tell me EXACTLY what interpretation/version/translation you have. If you really do the research you will find that almost ALL the translations have been changed or corrupted from their original conception. The one thing we DO have to look back on is the Dead Sea scrolls. Also the one translation that has stayed most true to the scrolls is the KJV. Plus we could also get into all the extra-biblical books like the apocrapha. None of us were there to hear the words come out of the mouths of the prophets or the apostles or from Christ Himself. Therefore all we have to go on really is FAITH. Afterall that is all christianity really is, isn't it? FAITH in that which we have not seen or heard. Faith that Jesus is the true Son of God sent to save us all from ourselves. In all actuality this whole discussion about hell is really irrelevant. I dont try and study what hell is like or gonna be like, why? CAUSE IM NOT GOING THERE! Why waste my time with that which does not concern me? The area that I have studied most is prophecy, and the fact that it is being fulfilled in our daily headlines. Anyways, I really would like to understand your take on things Dark Virtue, it sounds as if you have done a great amount of homework and that is something that should be commended.

In Christ,
Gabriel:D

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Arkanjel @ Aug. 17 2004,11:52)]You know im sorry for being stupid here Dark Virtue, but please tell me EXACTLY what interpretation/version/translation you have. If you really do the research you will find that almost ALL the translations have been changed or corrupted from their original conception. The one thing we DO have to look back on is the Dead Sea scrolls. Also the one translation that has stayed most true to the scrolls is the KJV. Plus we could also get into all the extra-biblical books like the apocrapha. None of us were there to hear the words come out of the mouths of the prophets or the apostles or from Christ Himself. Therefore all we have to go on really is FAITH. Afterall that is all christianity really is, isn't it? FAITH in that which we have not seen or heard. Faith that Jesus is the true Son of God sent to save us all from ourselves. In all actuality this whole discussion about hell is really irrelevant. I dont try and study what hell is like or gonna be like, why? CAUSE IM NOT GOING THERE! Why waste my time with that which does not concern me? The area that I have studied most is prophecy, and the fact that it is being fulfilled in our daily headlines. Anyways, I really would like to understand your take on things Dark Virtue, it sounds as if you have done a great amount of homework and that is something that should be commended.

In Christ,
Gabriel:D
Don't feel stupid, I wasn't inferring that you were. When I do Biblical research I don't rely on any single version of the Bible. As you said yourself, ALL translations have been changed or corrupted from their original conception. And there's the problem, laid out by yourself. There is NO original conception, the canon that you use has been written, edited, translated and compiled by MAN. You can argue that it is the word of God all you want, but it always comes down to Man. The Bible is the creation of Man.

So you have to rely on Faith, the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1, KJV). And yes, I agree with you, Christianity, ALL religions, come down to Faith. But what do you have Faith in? Faith in Christ? Faith in God? Faith in the Bible? I'm sure you might have had Faith in Santa Claus at one point, but how did that turn out? God cannot be proven, but the Bible, now that is something physical that you can concentrate on. But if you're going to have Faith in the Bible, at least be sure of the Bible. KNOW what's in it. Know it inside and out. Just because someone reads the Bible doesn't mean they understand it. They don't know its history at all. I doubt that you can sit there and tell me that you truly understand the book that you base your entire Faith upon.

You say that you don't try and study hell because you're not going there. That's a huge cop out. That's like saying you refuse to acknowledge Satan because you follow God. You can't have one without the other. No light without darkness, no heat without cold, no evil without good. So let me ask you this. If you're not going to hell, I'm assuming that you intend on going to heaven. To follow your logic, I will assume that you have researched heaven. Can you tell me what heaven is like? Where in the Bible does it describe this place that you go after death?

It's interesting that you say you've studied prophecy most. Prophecy is one of the most difficult concepts to understand Biblically. Let me brush up on my prophecy and I'll get back to you on that.

Thank you for seeing that I've actually done some thinking on this subject. I like to think I know what I'm talking about
smile.gif

BTW, my name is also Gabriel
cool.gif

As far as prophecy goes, let's take a look at one of the biggest, one that Christ himself fulfilled.

Luke 24:46, speaking to his disciples on the night of his alleged resurrection, he said, "Thus it is written and thus it was necessary for the Christ to suffer and to rise from the dead the third day." The Apostle Paul in 1 Corinthians 15:3-4 says the same thing, "For I delivered to you first of all that which I also received: that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the scriptures." These New Testament writers claimed that the resurrection of the Messiah on the third day had been predicted in the scriptures. Ok, so what scriptures predicted this? There are NO scriptures that back this up. This is but one example of "non-prophecy".

There are quite a few examples in this realm and I'd be happy to go into further depth when we finish up our current discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back