DS LITE price drop! :)

Logos

Game wish list :)

Yes, I know the Wii doesn't have the HUGE lineup like the PS3 or Xbox, BUT there have been some gems in the rough throughout its life...so I am making a list of games here that I am looking to pick up now that the prices are dropping on the Wii games. Besides, I am nintendo fanboy and I am looking forward to the next gen of Nintendo Console, and going to wait for a price drop or second gen in the 3DS which I know will be for a while. :)

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
Okamie
Murmasa: Demon Blade
FF Crystal Bearer (Yeah I know probably not the best of the FF series, but what I did play of it I ENJOYED) :)
Lost in Shadow
Xeonblade
Animal Crossing (FOR THE KIDDOS)
Lego: Indiana and Batman (For my daughter, she loves the lego games. :)
Arc Rise
there are many others I have not had a chance to try out so I really need to get going before they go missing. :) I am not so much the online player anymore, because I can only really hop on for a bit then hop off...due to time constraints. :)

Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
What I played was interesting, but I'd knock it down a few pegs on the list.

If you own a Wii, why do you not own this game already? Yes, it's that good. In fact, I'd go out on a limb and say this was a better Zelda-style game than Twilight Princess. Of course, I enjoy stories based on Japanese mythology, so I'm biased, but the game is still fantastic and easily one of the best on the Wii.

Murmasa: Demon Blade
Gorgeous graphics. I only played a few hours, but I liked what I played. Not a top priority, but higher than most on this list.

FF Crystal Bearer (Yeah I know probably not the best of the FF series, but what I did play of it I ENJOYED) :)
/shrug

To each their own, but I don't think I could recommend spending money on a FF spinoff in this era.

Lost in Shadow
Great concept, mediocre execution. :(

Xeonblade
Xenoblade Chronicles doesn't have a US release date yet, but what I saw of the Japanese version looked excellent. Plus it's from the same team that gave us Soma Bringer, so that alone makes me want to try it out.

Animal Crossing (FOR THE KIDDOS)
Mmhmm. For the kids. Suuure.

/grin

Any Animal Crossing game can be fun and relaxing for a week or so of casual play. Then it gets really boring really quickly. At least, that was my experience with Wild World on the DS. City Folk didn't seem to offer many upgrades over WW, so I'd knock this game down a run or two as well.

Lego: Indiana and Batman (For my daughter, she loves the lego games. :)
Can't go wrong with a Lego series game. You know exactly what to expect and it's kid-friendly. Good stuff.

Meh. As much as I wanted to like Arc Rise Fantasia, I have to advise skipping it. The voice acting was terribad, the plot was about as generic as you can get without the Final Fantasy branding, and it reeked of mediocrity. I'm sad to say that the Wii's library of RPGs is frustratingly weak.

there are many others I have not had a chance to try out so I really need to get going before they go missing. :) I am not so much the online player anymore, because I can only really hop on for a bit then hop off...due to time constraints. :)
Aye, I understand.

IMO, the Wii's real strength is in platform games (e.g. New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Super Mario Galaxy 2, Cave Story, Donkey Kong Country Returns, and Kirby's Epic Yarn) and party games (e.g. Wii Sports, Boom Blox, Boom Blox Bash Party, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Wii Sports Resort).

Okay so I suppose I shall continue my Nintendo legacy since the DS lite just dropped to $99, AND I can get it even cheaper with my Target employee discount. I will just wait for the second gen or a major price drop a year or more on the 3DS before I go after it.

So if there is anyone out there still wanting a DS, now would be the time to pick one up. :)

Man, this makes me want to buy a DS Lite for when my daughter is old enough to play games. It also makes me wish I had a job. -_-

But $99 for a DS Lite is a fantastic deal!

LOL I can get it for $70 at work with my discount :)

I just need a little bit more money

Wii U!!!! I am going to start saving :)

Okay I know some of you all on here don't really care for where Nintendo has gone, but I suppose I am the odd ball. :) I just saw some videos and the website for the Wii U...and all I can say is OMG!!!!! That is awesomeness!!! To be able to use the remotes we already have really excited me too because that means less equipment to buy, BUT the whole touch pad to me looks AWESOME!!

hhhmm if I save 50 a month I should have enough LOL

Also not that I am getting one yet, but the lineup for the 3DS this winter/holiday looked decent.

WOOT! Snagged a DSLite for $84 from work. :) Early birthday gift to me!! I am going to wait on the 3DS for a price drop and to see how the e-shop works, because I am afraid it is going to be like the WiiShop...a little at first then very dull stuff...I could be wrong...and I hope I am but we will see.

WOOT! Snagged a DSLite for $84 from work. :) Early birthday gift to me!!
Enjoy it in good health. :) There's no shortage of excellent titles on the DS. The main challenge is choosing which of those excellent games to play and finding the lowest prices.

Thanks again Tek for your thoughts...now that I have my DS lite I am going to have to revise this list, since I personally prefer the handheld over the console. Weird, I know but for me it is easier to play a little on the DS, because either the kids have the TV or my wife is watching one of those TLC/HGTV home decorating shows..(SCREAMS IN HORROR)...also now that my daughter has found the lego games, that is all she plays...so that leaves me little time on the console. :) So I am compiling a list from all the other links that I have found on here from lists and picking some of the best.

Radiant Historia

Okay so I have been playing Radiant Historia, the newer RPG that has the whole go back and forth through two different time lines to unravel the story going for it...sounds like Chrono Trigger, well in a way it is, but a different story of course. Overall I am about 10 hours in, and most people I have talked to or articles I have read say it is a good 30+ and I must say it seems to be looking that way because I am only about half way through chapter 1 and I believe there are 3 chapters, and of course many side-quests that help you un-lock the final ending. I would say if you like RPGs and enjoy a good classic style, this one may be one to look into. Just my two cents! :)

Radiant Historia looks fantastic and is high on my list of DS games to play. Glad to know it's as awesome as it looks.

The combat is the best. It includes numerous ways of doing combat. For one, the combo system is one my favorite. You can set it up to get numerous hits in a row so that it turns out to be a combo for the "team" thus giving you better xp and better rewards for victory in battle.

Professor Layton games

Okay I know most people have probably beaten these by now and forgotten about them. I of course as always am behind the times...it seems to be cheaper that way anyways. :D Anyways, I have all three, and I am just now starting the first one, and I gotta say, I think I enjoy a new style of game...PUZZLE...I always liked Tetris and the sorts but wasn't so sure about these types of games. Because I mainly deal with RPGs on the DS and the Wii is mainly the kids games aside from a few good rpgs and the Mario games. So anyone else out there played these and enjoyed them? I am enjoying stretching my mind a bit...LOL

Back