Dungeon groups

SergeantDerp

So after trying to get guildies to run dungeons with and failing most of the time and resorting to pugs I have decided that I am going to see if there is any interest from the rest of the guild members on running dungeons on a regular basis, at least once a week for those of us who have demanding jobs. I have found in other games a schedule of times for dungeon events has been a benificial thing for those who want to participate and play with guild members more often. :)

/pickme!

I'm on a dungeon kick at the moment. I was after dungeon gear, am after money, after my Dungeon Master title, and will be after helping my wife complete dungeons so...yeah, I'm up for that! Current DM progress...I've completed all paths in AC/CM/TA/CoF, have some progress in the other dungeons but working towards completing them. So I'm up for doing new stuff for the sake of finishing, repeating old stuff for cash, you name it.

My typical availability is any evening at 9 central time, with plenty more availability on the weekends.

I'm up for it - need all stories from SE onwards and want to do repeated exp runs of CoF. However I'm on +8GMT so not sure if I'd fit into peoples schedules as I normally end up playing early morning US time(s).

I'm always up for dungeons. I'm usually online in the evenings EST. I can be more flexible though on days when i don't ahve to get up early and go to work the next day. (ie Friday and Saturday evening)

I'm a big fan of this idea... My schedule's weird, and I won't get to play as much as I would like, but I really want to get into dungeons and I'm excited to see this happening. I'll have much better odds of jumping into one of these this way. Great job!

I really need to get into dungeons, but I haven't done a single one and am very intimidated. Just listening to some of you run fractals on TS made my head spin.

If you get a regular, weekly time together I'll try and make it, provided you have the patience to teach an utter newbie. I usually target one night a week or so to be on 8-12ish eastern time. If I know in advance, I can try to make it the same night as LoE dungeon night.

Last edited:
Don't be intimidated! Guild groups are fun and friendly...it's really something you should totally try. I'm always especially excited to take dungeon newbies through because it gives me a good excuse to watch all the cutscenes again. :)

Looking forward to it.

I've spent no time looking at dungeon builds; I've been focused on leveling and WvW builds. Guess I need to go looking for some dungeon running info. Rares are sufficient for explorable dungeons, right? My set of Rabid exotic gear is pretty specialized, so I'm guessing I'm going to need a new set for dungeon running. I should probably pop over to our Mesmer thread and get advice.

I just went with a PUG last night into AC story for the first time. It was a mess of fun... good battles, but not the soul-breaking slogs that I was worried about. I didn't take any special equipment or anything and I had a great time. It took maybe a little more than an hour, and required only very brief instruction from the guy who knew his way through.

Now I'm sure speed runs are a little bit different, and I'm probably not ever going to be playing at that level... But for those of you who were like me and were putting it off until they were "ready," I would say don't. My lvl 80 would have been just as effective as a lvl 35 or so (we were downleveled anyway) and I got a yellow soulbound armor that would have been great for me at the right level. With my up and coming characters, I'm going to at least do the story runs as I get to them.

+1 to not needing special equipment. If it's fine for general PvE, it's probably fine for dungeons. The real difference for when you start to get to some harder dungeons is you can't just stand there trading hits. Just think about it from the perspective of every mob being at least a vet, with bosses being champions. Of course, many areas have specific strategies that help a good deal, so you learn those as you go.

Did my first dungeon last night - with Obi Kaybee and three pick-ups. That was a lot of fun. Not nearly as bad as I had imagined.

We did Ascalon - looking forward to doing others.

Right now the 3 I'm focused on completing are Sorrow's Embrace, Crucible of Eternity, and Arah.

Question I had is - when do we want to plan on doing these things? Friday evening/Saturday afternoon events, maybe?

My schedule is so screwy I'll not even give it for planning purposes. I'll try to fit in with whatever you come up with. But I DO want to start doing the dungeons.

Hi, yes I'm interested in dungeon running. Honor of the Waves or Twilight Arbor, but will be happy with other dungeons also.

Hi, yes I'm interested in dungeon running. Honor of the Waves or Twilight Arbor, but will be happy with other dungeons also.

I am up for TA exp any day/time of the week!* (*some restrictions may apply)

Okay, so here's what I'm thinking: short notice as always, but let's just plan on tomorrow night being dungeon night, and we'll rock all sorts of dungeons. I'll put a post out.

Back