Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach

I don't think you're going to see a free trial for quite some time.

I played the beta of Lineage and wasn't all that thrilled with it, hence I didn't buy the game. DDO feels a lot like that.

I never played Guild Wars, but I think they share a few things, like the quest instances.

It's definately NOT like EQ or WoW. Unfortuantely, those two games have set the standard for MMORPG's and that finds DDO lacking in many respects.

EQ2 was a grind, but WoW drew me in. I'm having a hard time getting into DDO.

Dark Virtue said:
I don't think you're going to see a free trial for quite some time.

I played the beta of Lineage and wasn't all that thrilled with it, hence I didn't buy the game. DDO feels a lot like that.

I never played Guild Wars, but I think they share a few things, like the quest instances.

It's definately NOT like EQ or WoW. Unfortuantely, those two games have set the standard for MMORPG's and that finds DDO lacking in many respects.

EQ2 was a grind, but WoW drew me in. I'm having a hard time getting into DDO.

True, but without D&D there probably wouldn't be an Eq or WoW...

So far the game has been a lot of fun-- when I can play it. The servers were down last night and now the quest I am on is bugged, and I can't turn it in OR abandon it, so I'm stuck in the position of having absolutely nothing to do with my dwarf barbarian.

I think I'm going to try out a sorcerer character.

Mr_Slice said:
I believe so. We all have a guest pass key. I'll send you mind via PM right now. Try it out. I'll be on tomorrow. Tonight's the Oscars. Let me know what ya think. :)

I didn't have time to try it out last night, but I'll definetly try it out tommorow...how long does the guest pass last?

Mr_Slice said:
I believe so. We all have a guest pass key. I'll send you mind via PM right now. Try it out. I'll be on tomorrow. Tonight's the Oscars. Let me know what ya think. :)

I'm going to be getting this come my birthday around April 5th. Can I download the client and someone send me a guest pass so I can begin adventuring with y'all?

Thanks in advance.

Doc "The One True Old Timer" :)

Doc- Yeah Ill send ya my guest pass as soon as I find it.

Crystabel- Thanks I had fun too. can't wait till friday to do it again.

Everyone else- There are four of us doing a friday night grouping that starts at 8pm EST. We have 2 slots open if anyone is interested. We already have a Cleric, Rouge, Fighter and Sorcorer so we could use a Wizzy and then anything else. We are have done the level one quests in the harbour and will be starting up on the level 2 ones. We are just reaching level 2 character wise. If some one wants I can get with them and run with them with another char to get them caught up on a day prior to friday. Just let me know....

[toj.cc]phantom said:
I didn't have time to try it out last night, but I'll definetly try it out tommorow...how long does the guest pass last?

Forgot it, I found out...5 days.

Nightravn said:

Thanks a bunch, I read above that the pass only lasts 5 days. I wonder if I can create my account/character and then when the pass is done have it all last until I get the real deal? Perhaps I'm in need of some research. :)

You know...

...disregarding all the hype running around and the fact that my play times have become severly limited due to having to work two jobs, I am beginning to lean towards dropping my 43 lvl WoW account in favor of DDO:S. Almost but not quite... :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The Guest account last for ten days.... as for how long the account will stay inactive at turbine... who knows but I am sure its longer than a month so you should be fine... I am PMing you the guest pass I have...... let me know when you will be on so we can run through some of the early quests together.

Nightravn said:

Crystabel- Thanks I had fun too. can't wait till friday to do it again.

Everyone else- There are four of us doing a friday night grouping that starts at 8pm EST. We have 2 slots open if anyone is interested. We already have a Cleric, Rouge, Fighter and Sorcorer so we could use a Wizzy and then anything else. We are have done the level one quests in the harbour and will be starting up on the level 2 ones. We are just reaching level 2 character wise. If some one wants I can get with them and run with them with another char to get them caught up on a day prior to friday. Just let me know....
Oh goodness... SO enticing. Problem is, that's 5:00 pm my time and I'll miss seeing my kids at all that night if I join you all. Plus, I'll be gone this Friday since it's my overnight duty day on the ship. I do have a Wiz that just reached Level 2 and I have yet to actually play with any set group like I was hoping. :(

Ok I FINALLY have the client downloaded, sooo....

What classes do we have so far? What class is needed? and is the server information posted above still good?

Thanks, hopefully I'll be able to begin tonight after I get home from being the Assistant Scoutmaster (apprx after 9:00 P.M CST). On a related but side-note, I have decided to drop WoW in favor of D&DO:S at least until Vanguard comes out hehe.

Doc "The MMORPG Junky" :p

Nightravn said:

From previous post

a Wizzy and a Pally would be good.

Ill come on at 9 CST to help you get caught up.

Back