Ember's laptop overheating

Just wondering but who actually needs a laptop you, Ember or both? Just thinking you could give Ember your laptop and buy a desktop setup if she was the one who needed mobility but if you both need mobility never mind.
The approximate budget for a new laptop for Ember would probably be around $500 (preferably in the high $300s or low $400s).

My desktop gaming rig with monitor will probably cost $800+.

So, in short, my desktop + monitor will probably cost about twice what a new laptop for Ember would cost.

I'd like to keep my laptop even after I build my desktop rig then wipe and reload my laptop. I'd play games on my desktop but have my laptop handy for web browsing, e-mail, and less demanding games when I travel (whether to the living room or out of town).

First off, laptops are not reliable anymore , period.
They indeed do not build them like they used to.

:(

Second, Square trade did very extensive research and found that Asus and Toshiba beat all other major brands (including Apple) in reliability. With 3 year malfunction rates under 16%

Acer and HP were the worst at 23 and 25%

Not sure why Samsung did not get included in the tests but I would rank them up at the top from my experience. I have mostly been recommending them and I get nothing but praise back when following up. Lenovo is great as well.
If it's a choice between Asus, Toshiba, Samsung, or Lenovo, I'll probably go with Asus or Lenovo. Toshiba and Samsung make great products (I <3 our Samsung 46" HDTV) but tend to be considerably more expensive. I've only seen Lenovo laptops in corporate environments, but I support them as part of my job.

TL;DR: I'll be looking most closely at Asus and Lenovo laptops (or Toshiba and Samsung if I can find a ridiculously good sale) when it comes time to shop for a new laptop for Ember.

Back