Engineer Update is up

100th has been found, go look now!
Edit one:
might take 45 minutes for valve to notice this and update the site. HAVE PATIENCE! *Grey mauls a stuffed tf2 plushy*

Edit two:
Gaww! its out, the gunsliger (claw), that comes with the battle sentry.

Last edited:
We will have to wait for the tf2 blog to say, till then we could speculate and think of the new play styles of the engie .

Valve did say the Engineer update would go live today (Thursday), right?

Hmmm nothing much unexpected so far. I'll admit the glove seems a bit overly hi-tech themed for TF2 but I'll give it a chance, it's not to far off style wise.

I'm wondering if those pics are from the different stages of the plr map or are different maps altogether.

What is noticeably missing is another custom map made official. Valve could really benefit from adding a couple more as it's no work on Valve's end and many players aren't exposed to some good custom maps otherwise.

Last edited:
Valve did say the Engineer update would go live today (Thursday), right?

They did in the first engineer update blog post.

Valve said:
...with all of this culminating in the long-awaited Engineer Update this Thursday!**

Ah and the blog has been updated to say "Thunder Mountain" is a payload map too. It's telling us to go play as well but I see no update hitting steam as yet.

Ah ah! It says I need to restart steam here is the update listing for you guys though...

Updates to Team Fortress 2, Counter-Strike: Source and Day of Defeat: Source have been released. The updates will be applied automatically when your Steam client is restarted. The major changes include:

Engine
Fixed client crash related flashlight usage.
Fixed several issues related to alt-tabbing (invisible players, etc).

Team Fortress 2
Added The Frontier Justice.
Added The Wrangler.
Added The Gunslinger.
Added The Southern Hospitality.
Added 35 Engineer achievements.
Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.
Added Engineer main menu music.
Added 4 new maps:
Thunder Mountain, a 3 stage Payload map.
Hightower, a Payload Race map.
Upward, a Payload map.
ColdFront, a community built Capture Point map.
Item tuning:
The Sandvich now uses a cooldown timer, instead of the health pack recharge mechanic.
The Gunboats now reduce self-damage by 60% (was 75%)
The Tribalman's Shiv bleed duration reduced to 6 second (was 8), and its damage penalty increased to 50% (was 35%).
Added better feedback sound for Pyros on when their flamethrower is doing damage.
Fixed blood effect on bleeding player.
Added a glow effect to Payload carts.
Added Romanian language support.

I'll go restart our server too.

Last edited:
Engineers can now pickup & move their buildings.

Gwahhhh! From the hidden pic I though he would be able to move just his sg, probably with some limitations on it, but move anything??? That will change things quite a bit more than any of the other weapons. It also has the potential to be quite frustrating unless Valve added some decent limitations to it.

Imagine you bust out of your spawn on Goldrush destroy everything. Later on in the game red pushes your group back to your spawn having an engy bring all his stuff back forward >.<. Valve has just got to of put some kind of limit on it, a cooldown, re-setup time or slower Engineer movement while holding something. Not to mention surprise level 3 sgs that move around. Sgs kill a lot of players at least once when they are first trying to find it's location.

Last edited:
Our server has been updated and I've changed the map to Hightower!

My client is still chugging along so I can't play yet so have fun guys!

Note: If your TF2 did not update restart Steam to get it going.

Last edited:
Server is online, updated, and temporarily password-protected. Password is tribe2nite.

Gerbil! How do we disable the class limits?

Those updates look like fun. Gonna have to dust off my engineer again.

I'm trying to get some friends pulled into TF2 as well to play on our server.

Thanks for everyone who helped me "earn" the 3 new Engineer weapons last night. I hope to play a bit more this weekend to play with the Wrangler as it seems like it could be a lot of fun.

Gerbil! How do we disable the class limits?

Pluggin originates from here it doesn't appear to work. I'm going to have to work on it in a couple weeks after this update. I have another pluggin I can try.

Thanks for everyone who helped me "earn" the 3 new Engineer weapons last night. I hope to play a bit more this weekend to play with the Wrangler as it seems like it could be a lot of fun.

We will all have to post our opinions about all the new stuff once we get it all.

Note: I'm going to mod the map rotation to include some of the new maps.

Notes

I got all of the engineer items even the Southern Hospitality, out of all of them my favorite is the Wrangler because the sentry will take 66% less damage and it gives the sentry 2x faster firing speed.
Also Tek or Gerbil you should update the server again because today they released some fixes.

Team Fortress 2
July 9th

Fixed an exploit that allowed Engineers to build level 2/3 mini sentries.
Fixed a bug that allowed sapped buildings to be picked up by the Engineer
Fixed a bug where Wrangled level 3 sentryguns would still fire rockets when they were out of ammo.
Fixed a bug where players would go into reference poses when switching classes while carrying a building.
Fixed seeing the changeclass label in the spectator HUD when using cl_hud_minmode.
The amount of revenge crits a player can have at one time is now capped at 35.
The Wrangler no longer shows the shotgun's ammo count.
Engineers can no longer pick up buildings while stunned or in loser state.
Fixed Engineer shotgun and piston not using team skins for the Engineer's arms.
Fixed an issue where Wrangled sentrygun effects wouldn't be attached to the sentrygun.
The Gunslinger 3 hit combo now only increments the combo count when hitting enemy players.
Fixed a crash in the control point progress bar.
Fixed a server crash in the player death code, related to building carrying.
Fixing performance spikes that occur at round start, and after each point capture, when TFBots are present in the server.
Achievement fixes:
The "Rio Grind" achievement limit is now correctly set to 50.
Fixed a typo in Six-String Stinger achievement name.
Fixed a bug in the "Death Metal" achievement that caused it to rapidly complete itself.
Fixed getting the Six-String Stinger achievement without playing the guitar.
Fixed sentrygun detection code in "Best Little Slaughterhouse in Texas" and "Deputized".
Missed notes from yesterday's release:
New response rules and sounds added for some classes

Server updated

I've got everything except the Gunslinger. I got lucky and got the wrangler in a drop twice already and got the first milestone, thus the Frontier Justice, in one half of a round of Turbine. Still need to get the other milestones but I'm not in a rush been playing other classes mainly (I.E. Spy).

Last edited:
Well Tek will hate me now but I got the Gunslinger in a random drop :D . I also got the pot hat for the Soldier. Oh yeah I crafted the Southern Hospitality too so I got all the Engineer weapons now and haven't even got the second milestone :p .

Back