Events?

Hi Xion,

In the past Ryan will post a specific thread about events, i.e. "Guild Bounty this Saturday 3pm CDT" and then people will post general responses either about the event or their availability. I believe that Ryan is now using more in-game announcements for events - usually the Message of the Day in the guild window will list the dates/times of the events for that week.

One of the things that I've noticed is that GW2 doesn't provide any built in calendar option, which does make scheduling group events a little bit more difficult :(

One of the things that I've noticed is that GW2 doesn't provide any built in calendar option, which does make scheduling group events a little bit more difficult :(

I don't think it is the responsibility of the game to have a calendar, plus I think it's a bad idea. Having to log into game to see if there is anything going on is rather difficult for some.

I suppose it ultimately comes down to personal preference - I try not to sweat the little details.

Last edited:
It would be nice if the message of the day came up when you first log on. I check the guild panel periodically, but then forget to for a while.

I just am not physically able to log in every day. I'm lucky if I get to log in twice a week. So some way of seeing when the guild is planning things without logging in would be nice. I am not in a position to jump on and say "Hey, you guys are doing an event, let me in!", I need to plan things out at least a day or two in advance.

Please do not take this the wrong way, but this is the first guild I have been in (in 14 years of MMOs) that doesn't have some sort of out of game schedule/events information, and for me (and probably others in similar situations) it's rather frustrating.

Last edited:
Hi Xion,

I understand your frustration especially if your work/personal schedule necessitates planning things ahead of time. Although I'm not an officer, I do know that there are plans to have an updated/different website set up soon - we had a guild meeting about it several weeks ago, and I know that several of the guild members have been involved in testing it, etc.

When you're in game next time, I'd recommend looking for either Ryan (Volcanon) or Dragonhawk or possibly some of the other officers who may have more up-to-date information than I do.

Well, i know Ryan is working on a calendar on a website, but it's not up and running yet. However, I've seen most events posted here in this forum. As a matter of fact, we've had exactly the opposite problem that you are having. We post events here, for example:
Announcement: "Fractal Night, everyone meet up for Fractals next Tuesday!!"
We'll get on at the event time and announce ok, "who's coming for Fractals?"
Answer: "Huh?? why didn't you announce it sooner?"
"We did! On the forums!"
"Oh, well I never visit the forums. Why didn't you post a guild message ingame?"

Hi Xion,

I understand your frustration especially if your work/personal schedule necessitates planning things ahead of time. Although I'm not an officer, I do know that there are plans to have an updated/different website set up soon - we had a guild meeting about it several weeks ago, and I know that several of the guild members have been involved in testing it, etc.

When you're in game next time, I'd recommend looking for either Ryan (Volcanon) or Dragonhawk or possibly some of the other officers who may have more up-to-date information than I do.

Yeah, I just came from SoLA, where we had a calendar and stuffz, so it kinda threw me off. Lol...

Well, i know Ryan is working on a calendar on a website, but it's not up and running yet. However, I've seen most events posted here in this forum. As a matter of fact, we've had exactly the opposite problem that you are having. We post events here, for example:
Announcement: "Fractal Night, everyone meet up for Fractals next Tuesday!!"
We'll get on at the event time and announce ok, "who's coming for Fractals?"
Answer: "Huh?? why didn't you announce it sooner?"
"We did! On the forums!"
"Oh, well I never visit the forums. Why didn't you post a guild message ingame?"

Hmm...that's odd to me, but I guess everyone's different. I am a rather busy person, but I can take 3 mins and check the forums (even on my phone), but logging in to game is not so easy. I just don't understand why people wouldn't visit a forum. As a matter of fact, I was on the other day, and someone in the guild said he had no idea we even had a forum... >_>

Hah, I guess we're opposites. I'd much rather log in to check events via the guild panel than to be on the forums. However, Ursen's silly GW2 Word Association thread keeps me checking back every day...darn you Ursen!

Since A-net has been releasing developer api's for handling in-game data out of game recently, I wonder if they're considering some sort of calendar system. There are several new meta event timer sites that use exclusively the developer api and are MUCH more accurate than the old trollfest dragon timer sites. I'll go check out their API forum and see what's up.

Hah, I guess we're opposites. I'd much rather log in to check events via the guild panel than to be on the forums. However, Ursen's silly GW2 Word Association thread keeps me checking back every day...darn you Ursen!

Since A-net has been releasing developer api's for handling in-game data out of game recently, I wonder if they're considering some sort of calendar system. There are several new meta event timer sites that use exclusively the developer api and are MUCH more accurate than the old trollfest dragon timer sites. I'll go check out their API forum and see what's up.

I wouldn't mind checking in game every day, but I am just not in a situation where I can. However, it's not hard to sit in a parking lot with my phone and check the forums.

Hmm...those APIs sound epic, too bad I don't have the time to mess with them, I could come up with some really cool stuffz... :D

Back