Favorite Bible Verses

Your quiver is well stocked! :D I love that passage.

I used Psalm 127:3 for an activist/political project I had to do in Book Arts. We had to combine both text and image. I used a large (11" x 11") photo of my best friend's little girl (my "almost niece," as my friend has called her). Along the bottom, I put "Children are a blessing" and "Psalm 127:3." On the back I used several smaller photos, applied using wintergreen transfer so they looked sort of blotchy and faded around the edges, like the old daguerrotypes. I put some sort of text on that side about every moment with a child being a treasure. (Though it sounded cooler, I think...)

It was one of only two conservative pieces in the class, I think!

Sometimes I wonder if the person that said Children are a Blessing was a parent...LOLOL.
J/k
They are a true blessing, ALL children are!!! (even mine when the step on my wife's laptop, right gabe?:) ...lol)

One of my favorites ( It is on my wall in my office)

Psalm 23

Most of you probably know it, But for those that don't here it is

Psalm 23
1 The LORD is my sheperd I shall not want.
2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside still waters.
3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.
5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Funny thing about it really quick, I looked at verse 4 and thought about work.

LOL...not really, I love my job, for God provided it.

I think one of my favorite parts of the Old Testament is 2 Samuel 11 (David & Bathsheba), mainly because it's an interesting story about how even the best of us fall (and in David's case, fall hard...)

One of the things I find most interesting about it though, is this:
6 So David sent this word to Joab: "Send me Uriah the Hittite." And Joab sent him to David. 7 When Uriah came to him, David asked him how Joab was, how the soldiers were and how the war was going. 8 Then David said to Uriah, "Go down to your house and wash your feet." So Uriah left the palace, and a gift from the king was sent after him. 9 But Uriah slept at the entrance to the palace with all his master's servants and did not go down to his house. 10 When David was told, "Uriah did not go home," he asked him, "Haven't you just come from a distance? Why didn't you go home?" 11 Uriah said to David, "The ark and Israel and Judah are staying in tents, and my master Joab and my lord's men are camped in the open fields. How could I go to my house to eat and drink and lie with my wife? As surely as you live, I will not do such a thing!" 12 Then David said to him, "Stay here one more day, and tomorrow I will send you back." So Uriah remained in Jerusalem that day and the next. 13 At David's invitation, he ate and drank with him, and David made him drunk. But in the evening Uriah went out to sleep on his mat among his master's servants; he did not go home.

Because God (represented by the ark) and his fellow countrymen were still at war, he wouldn't let himself indulge, even in pleasures that were rightfully his to enjoy.
Even more impressive, even after David gave him wine, he still refused, which leads to the conclusion:

Right then, Uriah was a better man drunk than David was sober.

If we're going to Old Testament histories, here's one I've always loved:
I Samuel 5: 1-7
Then the Philistines took the ark of God and brought it from Ebenezer to Ashdod. When the Philistines took the ark of God, they brought it into the house of Dagon and set it by Dagon. And when the people of Ashdod arose early in the morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the earth before the ark of the LORD. So they took Dagon and set it in its place again. 4 And when they arose early the next morning, there was Dagon, fallen on its face to the ground before the ark of the LORD. The head of Dagon and both the palms of its hands were broken off on the threshold; only Dagon’s torso was left of it. Therefore neither the priests of Dagon nor any who come into Dagon’s house tread on the threshold of Dagon in Ashdod to this day.

But the hand of the LORD was heavy on the people of Ashdod, and He ravaged them and struck them with tumors, both Ashdod and its territory. And when the men of Ashdod saw how it was, they said, “The ark of the God of Israel must not remain with us, for His hand is harsh toward us and Dagon our god.”
So then they send the Ark to Gath, and God strikes the men of that city with tumors. Gath didn't like that, and sent it on to Ekron.

Well, the Ekronites freaked out and began begging the leaders to send it back to Israel. All the men got tumors, IF they didn't die. So finally they send it back to Israel...with a very generous trespass offering of gold. (An event which was also accompanied by miracles.)

Proving who really had power, and who...didn't. :D

Again, for shame! We let this one die, too.

The earth is the LORD's, and everything in it,
the world, and all who live in it
Psalm 24:1

Or, to paraphrase, "All your base are belong to God."

Now STC has to post one. After Battlecry, I figure he has to be on fire. :)

Plus he's my minion...

I have more than one favorite bible verse. But this is one of my favorites.

Zephaniah 3:17 The Lord your God is with you, He is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, He will quiet you with his love, He will rejoice over you with singing.

Again, for shame! We let this one die, too.

Or, to paraphrase, "All your base are belong to God."

Now STC has to post one. After Battlecry, I figure he has to be on fire. :)

Plus he's my minion...

na i just took a shower, the fires gone :p

lets see... after BattleCry, a verse that jumps out at me is the "Here I am, take me" (im not a Bible nerd so idk where that is)

Ephesians 6
"After you have done everything to stand, stand firm"

translation

"After you've run into the middle of the mob, slap on Defy Pain and be a good meat shield. Don't break agro. God's the best monk around. He has you covered."

Kel Queen of all Europe

Ephesians 6
"After you have done everything to stand, stand firm"

translation

"After you've run into the middle of the mob, slap on Defy Pain and be a good meat shield. Don't break agro. God's the best monk around. He has you covered."

Kel Queen of all Europe

but im the next best!! :p
i like the analogy

I actually went seeking a verse that said, "All your base are belong to God." :) Paul and I considered making tees that said that.

John 15:18-25

18"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. 19If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 20Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also. 21They will treat you this way because of my name, for they do not know the One who sent me. 22If I had not come and spoken to them, they would not be guilty of sin. Now, however, they have no excuse for their sin. 23He who hates me hates my Father as well. 24If I had not done among them what no one else did, they would not be guilty of sin. But now they have seen these miracles, and yet they have hated both me and my Father. 25But this is to fulfill what is written in their Law: 'They hated me without reason.'

It always keeps me up when I'm going through hard times with people. It reminds me that I'm not alone.

Back