Feb 21 Scrim Details

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
We've got another Scrim with Soc scheduled. These are the details thus far (If you've read this thread earlier I've edited it to confirm Mach_4 as our choice.

Date: 2-21-2009
Time: 8PM EST (7:00PM central)
Size:6 vs 6
Maps: ctf_mach4 and cp_granary, mach will be played first
Class Restrictions: 1 medic, 1 demo, max 2 of everything else
Win conditions: first to 3 round wins on ctf_Mach4 and first to 5 round wins on cp_Granary
no crits, mp_tournament, tf_damage_disablespread
IP 69.13.38.158:27018

Practice dates will be February 12th and 19th (both Thursdays before the match) at 7:30pm central Practice will be closed to the public. ALL Toj are welcome to come and help out regardless of if you plan to be in the scrim or not).

Last edited:
I think Mach4 would be better. Plus, better looking. xD

And what's disable spread?

Last edited:
I think Mach4 would be better. Plus, better looking. xD

And what's disable spread?

Aside from crits regular damage in TF2 has a random damage range. "tf_damage_disablespread" disables the 25% random damage spread on all damage (distance still counts to my understanding). In our last scrim game we actually played with TFtrue which was a source mod plug in which did the same thing but now Valve has added "tf_damage_disablespread" to do it.

Last edited:
I've updated the info on the scrim. We will go with ctf_mach_4 as our choice and we will be having closed practice (meaning all Toj are welcome to attend and help regardless of if you plan to be in the scrim). Closed practice will be on February 12th and 19th at 7:30 central. PM me or Elihu for the password at that time.

w00t! Count me in. I have both practices and the scrim marked on my Outlook calendar.

Barring any illness or unforeseen circumstances, I'll be at all three events.

I'll do my best to be there, I see no reason why I can't make it. I'll let you know if I can't ASAP though.

It's 6vs6?

Booo. :p May have to sit out though because of school work, stressed as it is for college. xD But I may join for practices.

I'll give it shot since I do not anticipate my current schedule interfering. However, I am only competitively decent with Pyro.

I'll be around to help in practices, but seeing I've played the other scrim, I'll gladly step aside for others.

/me signs Elihu up for the scrim

"Super Team Captain Elihu" is in he just got "special" PM Treatment :p I am also grateful to him on agreeing to head up the practice nights. I'll still try to be there but for me to be definitely available at a set time is hard and usually comes with me inconveniencing others.

Last edited:
I'm gunna ask off work, so I should determinately be there.

Happy to have you but it's not like it's going to be a huge deal and hopefully we will be having other scrims in the future as well.

It's 6vs6?

Booo. :p May have to sit out though because of school work, stressed as it is for college. xD But I may join for practices.

School first Keero :) Like I said to Zanthox it's not like the only scrim we will be having though so no worries.

Being 6 vs 6 is kind of a bummer but that's what Soc has and what I think most of the pro scrims run. IMO Team fortress 2 really doesn't shine until you get 8 vs 8. You really need that many to make some of the less versatile classes viable choices.

So everyone knows I'm going to be scheduling these scrims at least 2 weeks apart. I may put them weekly later but we will just see how things go.

Last edited:
"Super Team Captain Elihu" is in he just got "special" PM Treatment :p I am also grateful to him on agreeing to head up the practice nights.
Ah, right right. I think he mentioned that during a recent phone conversation. I thought it odd that he didn't post a reply in the thread, but that makes sense now.

Being 6 vs 6 is kind of a bummer but that's what Soc has and what I think most of the pro scrims run. IMO Team fortress 2 really doesn't shine until you get 8 vs 8. You really need that many to make some of the less versatile classes viable choices.

Yeah, I agree with you there. Still, it is a scrimmage so I'm excited!

Back