FFXIVorigin - Planning for FFXIV Open Beta

XionTawa

http://www.ffxivorigin.com just posted a really nice article on "Planning for the FFXIV Open Beta"...

Check it out here: http://www.ffxivorigin.com/content/planning-ffxiv-open-beta-115/

...or here:
FFXIV Open Beta is coming very soon, and now is an excellent time to prepare for such a momentous occasion. For that reason, I have taken the time to prepare all the new Eorzean adventurers for their journeys ahead. I know it may seem like a lot of work, but planning out the early stages of open beta will get you way ahead of the pack. Let's get started!

Finalize your Character Creation

SE has already announced that you will be able to transfer your Open Beta character to the actual retail release. For obvious reasons, you might as well get it out of the way right now. When the game launches, you will be dying to enter Eorzea quickly as possible, and finalizing the creation process will help make it happen. You have so many creation options, so make sure you get things right the first time.

Enter Eorzea as a Gladiator

Once you have finalized your Character Creation, make sure you enter the game as a Gladiator. The Gladiator's starting gear have the best stats out of all Eorzean disciplines. Therefore, starting as a Gladiator is the best possible choice you can make. After all, switching FFXIV Disciplines is only a weapon change away, so you have no excuse to select anything else.

Still not convinced? Read this article.

Do your Starting Guildleves

Once you enter Limsa Lominsa (as a Disciple of War or Magic), you will get a quest called 'My First Adventure'. This is a 'freebie' guildleve, in the sense that it doesn't count toward your 48-hour total, enabling you to do 9 leves the two days in game. Do not pick up any other leve quests before completing 'My First Adventure', because doing so will delete it from your Quest Journal. Anyways, all this quest requires is a quick trip to the nearest Aetheryte, and you will be given 100 gil for your efforts.

Now that you are back, it's time to do 'Treasures of the Main'. This quest is highly straightforward, and you will be rewarded 3100 gil, and also gain a few levels to boot! It takes about 45 minutes to complete 'Treasures of the Main', so be patient and enjoy the awesome cut-scenes.

You will now have 3200 gil to your name, so it's time to buy some weapons. Please refer to our vendor listings for all your shopping needs.

SE is yet to release information regarding the starting guildleves of Ul'dah and Gridania. In the interest of fairness, we can only hope the rewards will be similar in all three cities.

Class Changing Macros

It is always a great idea to set yourself up with Macros early in the game. In fact, you can even get started with it right now. Write down your desired macros in a text document, and you can copy-paste it directly into FFXIV once open beta launches!

A class changing macro is the most essential macro you will ever make in FFXIV. It may sound complicated (macros usually are), but it only requires you to swap out your main weapon. While it is optional (but recommended), you can also include desired class abilities, offhands, ammo, and other items as you see fit. If you feel a tad bewildered, take a look at my very own Archer macro:
/equip main "Weathered Shortbow"
/equip pack "Warped Arrow"
/eaction 6 "Raging Strike" main
/eaction 7 "Shadowbind" main
/eaction 8 "Puncture" main
/eaction 9 "Wide Volley" main
The items and abilities are case-sensitive, so make sure you pay attention when creating a macro. With macros out of the way, you can now proceed to knock out your guildleves in style!

Guildleves

With macros out of the way, you should be ready to do guildleves. Every 48 hours, you can do 16 guildleves (8 Battlecraft, 8 Crafting) of your own. In addition to that, you can also participate in all your party members' guildleves, too. As long as you remain active, you will earn tons of experience and rewards in a very short time.

You are now free to roam Eorzea, I wish all of you happy and prosperous adventures. See you in Open Beta!
Don't forget to check out our thread on getting started as well: http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=38387

Last edited:
Back