For all squishies

Guilo Tal

I have seen countless people die to this skill, or not knowing what to do when it gets slapped on them:

http://www.wardb.com/spell.aspx?id=9401

Now, that's the WE version of the ability, WH get the same thing, called Sudden Accusations. It doesn't look too bad, but if you have been hit by it, you either know it HURTS.

When a WE hits you from stealth, the first thing you'll notice is a red, green, or blue ribbon floating around your character. Yes, I know, it looks pretty, but keep in mind it will wear off in 15 seconds, so don't stare too long.:D

If you have a red or blue ribbon, it's fine to run around, the red one only damages you ever time you use a melee ability and the blue one damages you every time you finish casting a spell. But if you have the green ribbon, YOU HAVE TO STAND STILL until you can dispell it/have a healer dispell it! I don't have a video of this (I really should get one... it probably wouldn't be hard...) but you will literally run yourself to death in a matter of seconds. I've run up to a sorc and put my version of that skill on them, and they ran towards their warcamp, and seriously just kept running, and running, and running, sort of like the Energizer Bunny. They flopped over right next to their flight master too.

This skill will hit you at least 1 time every step you take, often 2 times, and the strength of whoever uses it does increase the damage. Now, you may be saying "But if I stand still, the WE will kill me!" That's true, the WE does have incredible burst damage and their weapon procs and kiss damage cannot be mitigated. But, if you do start running, they will stay on you, and hit you with a ranged snare in the back. You can't escape, but keep running. Now, you're taking damage from Enfeebling Strike just as fast, AND the Witch Elf, instead of just the WE.

Your best bet is a disarm, stun, knockback, knockdown or just be still and hope that someone comes back and does one for you.

Actually, I personally don't think this should be nerfed, because it requires for people to do something voluntary... and it's just too much fun... :D

Very good to know.

I seem to be hit or miss on surviving witch elves. I try to keep my initiative up so I can pop them out of stealth whenever possible. When I do get ambushed, I shield myself, steal their AP, detaunt, debuff, then heal like crazy (in whatever order my panicked fingers choose in the moment). I think I survive maybe a third of the time, but perhaps not moving will help.

I don't have any magic formula for surviving, but 1v1, if I get all of those spells off, I can usually last 15-20 seconds until I drop or extra heals/dps come in to save the day.

I forgot to mention in the first post, that I find it very important to stack wounds in T4. Some people will disagree with me, saying Willpower for healers, Strength/Intelligence for DPS, and that's ok, experiment and find what you like best. However, keep in mind that if you get attacked by a witch, or anything for that matter, it doesn't matter how much you can heal, or how much damage you can do if you die after 5 seconds of fighting. I have noticed a HUGE difference going from high strength (don't remember exact numbers, sorry) and around 5.7-6k health to medium-high strength (729) and almost 8k health. I can take out 2 sorcs at once pretty consistently, and beat most people 1 vs. 1, which I couldn't do before with the lower health.

From a bright wizard's point of view:

My bright wizard encounters that walking damage frustration almost every T4 scenario. I've taken Kutluch's advice and have a lot more wounds and it helps big time.

Alas, an attack from a WE with no nearby allies is certain doom for a BW. However, if there is nearby help, I've survived by doing this.

1. Hotkey the remove hex ability, cauterize. Many classes have their own version of it and/or use the cape from the heavy metal event.

2. Immediately hit the remove hex button when you see/hear the enfeebling effect swirling around you.

3. Then hit one or more:

a) snare or

b) use a morale knockback or

c) the aoe knockback.

4. o and detaunt as you run for help!

At lvl 37 and lots of practice, I can now do this virtually on the run.

As Kutluch mentioned, the longer that the WE is next to you, the quicker you go down and you will go down. Hopefully, your allies realize that WE are just about the most important target on the battlefield to take out FIRST. Yes....I did say FIRST! This includes switching targets from a half dead tank immediately to the WE.

Last edited:
From a White Lion standpoint, it is a race to see who can kill who the fastest.

Oh wait, I am not technically a squishy >_<

And yet, I feel like one...

Yeah, a MDPS vs WE is just who can outdamage the other. Most of a WE's damage comes from kiss procs and weapon procs, because their damage cannot be mitigated. Unless they are against a squishy, of course, then their abilities can be hitting for 500+ damage a hit.

The reason I said this is for squishies is because I see a HUGE difference with the Sudden Accusations I use between using on a sorc and a marauder and a tank. The tank takes next to no damage from it, the marauder takes a small but decent amount of damage from it, and the sorc falls over just about instantly if they run.

Also, another tip for removing this from you is using the Herald's Cloak from the heavy metal event. You don't have to have it equipped, just in your inventory.

As Kutluch mentioned, the longer that the WE is next to you, the quicker you go down and you will go down. Hopefully, your allies realize that WE are just about the most important target on the battlefield to take out FIRST. Yes....I did say FIRST! This includes switching targets from a half dead tank immediately to the WE.
A half dead tank is never half dead.

I do try to knock off some of the easy DPS first before I go for harder targets. Its surprising how no one guards the Sorcs or WE's like they should. WE's could do so much more DPS if they were guarded by tanks and healers (that goes for WH's too). Good thing they don't lol!

Oh wait, I am not technically a squishy >_<

And yet, I feel like one...
You and me both (note I do have 5k wounds now)...

A half dead tank is never half dead.

I do try to knock off some of the easy DPS first before I go for harder targets. Its surprising how no one guards the Sorcs or WE's like they should. WE's could do so much more DPS if they were guarded by tanks and healers (that goes for WH's too). Good thing they don't lol!

You and me both (note I do have 5k wounds now)...

5k wounds!?!?!?! HAX! HAX I SAY!!!

Can you teach me? :p

Back