Free

Jeshurun

Free online to play just like CS you don't have to pay but in the long run you do pay in many different ways.

It would seem free yet I really don't think it is.

Remember we are Christians and these games are of the world not to mention worldly.
I think its okay to kick back and relax and enjoy playing a game but I know in my heart our time really is not free.

Jesus Christ paid the price for our FREEdom so that what we do with the time we have should not be wasted with playing worldy video games all the time.

I don't mean to be telling you what you should be doing with your spare time and please I'm not meaning to lay a guilt trip on anyone.

I only know this from expierence with video games that I would change from playing a game if I was playing it constantly and even I would lay there in my bed and figure out a strategy to defeat the enemy or beating the game or just getting to the next level. In my mind say I would be in a semi sleep state I was still paying the game.I realized that one can become obsessed with a game. My mind was not being renewed by the word of God because my thoughts were on the game instead.

I don't know exactly why I'm saying this but in the gut of my heart I am hearing something wrong about video games and even for one to say as an excuse to play with other Christians as group fellowship/witness just does not cut it anymore. I feel as though we are trapped in a self deception and we just go merrily along like dumb sheep.

I guess I'm just sayin all this because I love you guys and I like to say to you all please becareful don't get caught up in these video games.

In my heart I really believe that something is not right here.

Last edited:
Thank you for your words of advice Jeshurun. It is difficult to watch out time and see whether or not we are spending more of it on Video Games or on Christ.

I for one try and keep my video game time to a minimum.

THANK YOU JESH!!!!

Advice taken, stored and reviewed. I know I too am always trying to pay attention to what I'm doing so these games don't become my life.

GO JESUS!!!!
:D

Unfortunately I don't think anyone is really gives any regard to the warning and it makes wonder why I'm in CGA at all.

Jesh--- listening, hearing, and meditation on your words. . . and actively changing them based on your advice alone are two different subjects.. I think each of us is a "adult" enough christian to make decisions on our own based on our bible reading and prayer... That decision is between God and us, and each of us needs to make it on our own.

I'm not rebuking your comments about the dangers of gaming, but I feel like you are depressed that we havent all quit gaming due to them? Maybe I'm reading the second post wrong?

My other question is what about those who can maintain a healthy balance and use the games to spend time together as a family. Many times, gaming is more that just sitting down and playing.

Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. [Heb.12:1]

Goodbye.

P.S. There are certain things that are not sins themselves but that tend to weigh us down or become distractions and stumbling blocks to our Christian growth.

Last edited:
May I never boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world. [Gal.6:14]

Farewell.

Back