Friday, July 10, 2009: An Handful with Quietness

RiverTigress

Ecclesiastes 4:6
Better is an handful with quietness, than both the hands full with travail and vexation of the spirit.

Being a Midwestern girl who married a California guy, I find it difficult to watch the apparent devolution of the state as it comes terms with so many illusions it had been banking on being so suddenly shattered. I have to watch my tongue a lot and remind myself that good sense often has to be cultivated through necessity and not something we're naturally born with (Prov 22:15), and it is a sad fact that because of this many people and places that have been the most blessed with lack of necessity also often lack the perspective to truly recognize and appreciate what they have versus what they don't.

So here we are now in an uncomfortable place in the fiscal learning process, and probably doomed to remain here until some amount of pride is finally broken enough for someone somewhere to learn something. Fortunately though, for those who will accept it, we have the most excellent Textbook at our disposal which assures us that no matter how complicated the problem might seem, the answer is actually simple: Don't waste resources (material or spiritual) on what you don't need, take responsibility for the things you do, and most importantly in all things trust and give thanks to God who loves you and will never fail you.

People don't want to turn to the Basic Instructions Before Leaving Earth... It would require them to take responsibility for their actions.

Welcome back! You were missed!

Back