Game night!

What day or days work best for a game night?!

• Total voters

Xymnas

Trieb of Judah Starcraft Series Chapter Co-leader
So here is a poll of what days work best for everyone!

Game nights will usually be after about 6PM PST, 7PM MST, 8PM CST, 9PM EST.

Also let me know if this time doesnt work for you!

If you have any other ideas of times or whatever post em here!!!

Edit: I would like to also make sure there is more than one day a week we play. Some days are better than others for some people so we can plan multiple game nights. I'd also make it a consistent thing week by week.

Last edited:
My schedule is so fluid right now, I honestly couldn't begin to think of a day that would work for me. Weekends are probably the best bet, but I never know if next semester I will have Thursday evenings available or Monday evenings. So I'll multiply by 1.

Considering we already play TF2 on Tuesday nights I think it's kinda sad that 5 people want that night. (and don't even get me started on Sunday night)

Considering we already play TF2 on Tuesday nights I think it's kinda sad that 5 people want that night.
I'm not sure how much crossover there is between the TF2 and SC2 chapters and it's inevitable that two ToJ game nights will get scheduled for the same night eventually.

But if it comes down to it, I'll still be playing TF2 on Tuesdays and L4D2 on Wednesdays.

But that's why the idea of two game nights a week is a great idea! :D

Last edited:
Considering we already play TF2 on Tuesday nights I think it's kinda sad that 5 people want that night. (and don't even get me started on Sunday night)

Well that's fine and all. That's why I messaged you to get your username and CC. If you don't play sc2 that's cool but I'm not trying to set up something that interferes with another game night. Nothing is set in stone here. And like tek said there are gonna be multiple nights. Not just one. Because some people are busy some days and what not. So I'm working on that.

My schedule is so fluid right now, I honestly couldn't begin to think of a day that would work for me. Weekends are probably the best bet, but I never know if next semester I will have Thursday evenings available or Monday evenings. So I'll multiply by 1.

Ok! Well I will have days set up n if you can drop in for a few of them that would be awesome!!

I'm not sure how much crossover there is between the TF2 and SC2 chapters and it's inevitable that two ToJ game nights will get scheduled for the same night eventually.

If the SC2 players have no taste in good games why do we even have them around?

Exactly!!!

Before Ford F150, Ford Pinto was.

Great analogy! Even that man understands how great Team Fortress is compared to Star Craft.
Now now, there's plenty of love to go around for both TF2 and SC2.

And please don't ever compare StarCraft to a Ford Pinto again. That's just mean.

Before Starcraft there was WarCraft. That was a great game. I tried to play it online several times but just about the time I would get my mine started and get enough lumber for my first upgrade, the other player would flood me with the most adnvanced units fully upgraded.

I played starcraft as well and had the exact same experience when I tried to play online.

For a game that sold in 3 parts at $60 a part, I have no desire to pay that much to play single player matches only.

I'm sure it's a great game but to me it will always be a Ford Pinto. Just about the time you think it's fun, someone else joins you and it all blows up.

:) I won't get into comparing games. They are apples and oranges (FPS and RTS). Call me back when you want to compare RTS. Or better, call me in 5 years when we are still playing SC2.

Before Starcraft there was WarCraft. That was a great game. I tried to play it online several times but just about the time I would get my mine started and get enough lumber for my first upgrade, the other player would flood me with the most adnvanced units fully upgraded.

I played starcraft as well and had the exact same experience when I tried to play online.
I can certainly sympathize with your frustration. It's no accident that I haven't played a single 1v1 ladder match since the game launched.

One of the reasons I founded Tribe of Judah in May 1999 was because I enjoyed StarCraft but, more often than not, I did not enjoy playing with strangers. I thought (correctly, as it turned out) that playing with other Christian gamers would be much more fun than playing with random players on Battle.net, many of whom were rude.

But in addition to playing with gamers with a common faith, I met players with similar skill levels. The same holds true 12 years later with StarCraft II.

I wouldn't bother to play 1v1 against Bowser because he would annihilate me, but I'd jump right into a 3v3 with Bowser and 4 other ToJ members.

I agree that SC2 is not worth $60 if you're only going to play the single-player campaign, though the SP campaign is excellent (even if it retconned a chunk of Brood War). SC2 is, at its core, a multiplayer game.

But don't think that 1v1 ladder matches or random pub games are your only options. Like I said, I haven't played a single 1v1 ladder match since the game launched, but I have a blast more often than not when playing with ToJ members.

Bottom line: Play what you enjoy. Your time is your own and free time is precious. But I'm confident that if you bought SC2 and started playing with ToJ members, you'd have a good time. :)

I will agree with tek. Although when this game originally came out I was only 9 n never heard of the game. I was busy playing nintendo 64 with my brothers.

It is a great game , especially if you practice and learn the game style of different races and what not. But 1v1s aren't for everyone. I like them every once in a while but I will play more tram games than a 1v1. There is something about being in a group of friends and everyone is cheesing the other team, only to find they cheesed you too. Haha

Again it's not all about the 1v1s. Team games are always fun to do and can et competitive too.

My posts were meant to be mostly humorous. But there is a grain of truth in what I posted.

When I first played Warcraft against another human it was over a 56k modem connection. I got beat down every single game I played.

When I played Starcaraft it was on the internet and I'm not sure of the modem. I again, got beat down every single game I played against another human. I even failed to complete the game because I couldn't beat the computer in some levels.

I've played all the Command and Conquer games. Every time I try and play against someone I lose badly.

Warhammer games I've played as well.

I've loved RTS games since the came out but they do not love me. My style of play is just not compatable with what it takes to win. I am slow and methodical. I like to build up huge armies and attack in forces. It's just no fun to make 2 really powerful units 1 minute into the game and send them to wipe out everything your opponent has hoping you get to them before they get to you.

I'm sure I"d love SC2 if I played it. It might even be fun to play with some people here. But until it's on sale for $5 (or under) I won't be spending my money on it. I'm not going to pay the kind of money they are asking for SC2 to play a game history has shown me I'll get limited enjoyment out of.

If you love the game, congrats. I'm happy for you. We are just different people. I was trying to have fun with the apples to oranges comparison. If I offended anyone I'm sorry.

Back