Gameplay demos

I was skeptical at first about turning the weapon models off because I was afraid I would forget which weapon I was using. Then I realized that the weapons all still have their unique crosshairs even when the model isn't visible. Now, though, I've gone all the way and replaced my crosshair with a pink Cross 1 at 1.10 size for all weapons except the Rocket Launcher. For some reason I can't aim it unless it's the familiar bright red triad.

One more thing: if you really, really must have the weapon model shown, make sure it's "Center" not "Right" because "Right" or "Left" makes the shots come out slightly to the side of the aiming sight. Also make sure that you have the weapon models set to "Small", because otherwise they take up half the screen.

Last edited:
Of course, the cross hairs! Brilliant! I'll have to start memorizing those along with the powerup timings...

I found them familiar enough that I didn't need to consciously memorize them. Plus the color usually goes with the weapon:

Beige lines for shield/hammer (exception to the rule)
Grey big cross for assault rifle
Blue triangle for goop (exception to the rule)
Purple cross for shock
Green brackets for link
White circle and dot for minigun
Yellow triad for flak
Red triad for rockets
Blue-white cross for lightning
Grey cross for sniper rifle
Yellow humongous thing for superweapons (not an exception because it's humongous)

Yeah lots of peeps have different setups...I personally use different crosshairs for each weapon, not just because I know what I am using (actually I know at all times what I have out now)...but I find that certain crosshairs are more comfortable to equip with certain weapons. Try experimenting with the size as well, and you will eventually come up with a set that you really love. I still haven't found one that I like for the rox though :(. As a 'for instance' try using the unbroken circle with the middle dot and make the size about a the diameter of a dime for use with the shock rifle. The center dot aids in the primary aim and the outer ring will help you center the secondary ball. Once you get used to it spacially you will know how far away the ball is approximately by how small it is compared to the outer ring. I used that for a while and it seemed to improve my combo's, but now i use a different one anyhow because it aids me in having better primary aim. Anyhoo try, try and try again :D

Thanks for the tip with the shock rifle cross hair! I'm trying it out now and it's very useful. Rather than having to line up the cross in the center of the shock ball, you just use the circle and put the shock ball in the middle of it and youl know you'll hit it. Far easier.

Also, a tip for those trying to learn how to time power-ups...I found it confusing trying to remember them all, so start by master just one and work your way up. The easist by far are the shields, so start there.

Last edited:
I finally got a chance to get all the downloads I needed to watch the demos. Can you change from one player to watch to another?

Hmmmmm...I don't think so...the demo only records the game from the demo recorders perspective

Back