Gearing up (non-end game instance runs)

Gonna have to agree with Icthus, silly hunters/rogues/agro-hogs heals are for tanks and tanks only. As fas as specs go for instances, it is a personal decision as long as you can do your assigned job well.

If i played a healer id do that icthus does and not even think about healing people who take aggro off the Main Tank.

Icthus said:
oh to follow up Sam's post. As a healer in UBRS, LBRS, and such, I would not heal rogues. Tanks get my mana rogues get band aids....

What a marvel Idea, I never thought of that, Ya know as a sidebar we should have a another board for runs, for how tanks work, how healers work, what casters and dps'ers do. I am now 55 and I never though of not healing a rogue or agro hog.

Do not know how I feel about it, but I can defienalty see the benifits for that.

As a healer, you are the MOST powerful person in the group. If you leave they are done. Flex that muscle and force the group to do well. If a rogue complains to the group and the group does not back you GET THE HECK OUT NOW.

Here is the problem...

Tank pulls, rogue takes agro, you have to heal rogue, aggro get transfered to you and rogue has not ability to taunt, you get two hit and die, raid wipes....

This happens so many times especially in UBRS' final room. Teach the rogues what is best for them.

I've learned that playing a mage you die A LOT, some are senseless deaths for example the other night the priest in our group wasn't giving any heals at all, so I died like 10times and my armor was all red by the time I got back to IF, that is just poor healing skills. I typically can't/don't take aggro from the tank on Gnimish except for a few reasons, poor tanking, or I crit several times in a row, if the latter happens I quit casting for a while to let the tank get aggro back.

On Alhana, I typically focus my healing on MT and then mages/locks except for this past Friday, Powderpuff suffered some horrible deaths, but that was due to me rushing in BRD, we were running late and I was trying to hurry things along to get to Bible Study. GNOME POWER!!! ;) ;) :) :) :p :p :D :D

Two classes that rarely get my heals are Paladins & Druids both are excellent healers on their own, so unless I see they are in dire need I typically pass on healing them.

/punts everyone. <wishes he had seen this thread sooner>

I know how to manage my aggro with klangdon and osirys cant pull aggro.... yet. Pansies! watch out!

i think we are getting off subject we are supost to be seeing who all needs to get gear and who all wants to do what instances

Gnimish needs the Magister's Helm & Leggings. I'll wait until 1.10 patch for his boots, the postmaster takes to long.

I would like gear and will run any instance I am able too.

(Evenings)Monday Wednesday, Friday, Saturday (after 12Noon) or Sunday (All Day)

I do not know what gear would be best; I tend to go for Int for mana, seeing how I am spec’d resto.

But I am always available to help guildies and a good run is fun!!!!

Back