Getting going

Counselor

Still new here. If I have figured out one thing it is that I know very little about this game. I have even looked for a game guide but can't find anything so far. Can someone point me in the right direction. I need to know how to make money (things are expensive here), what the best type of weapon is to get, where I should level, what exactly are these crafting skills? Basically I know how to get quests and do them. I just now sort of figured out the broker thing. That is about all I know. HELP!

Okay, you are a pally, right?

Well, if you want to heal, mace and off hand item, if you want to DPS, 2hand weapon with high strength, or if you want to tank, 1hand and shield...

Some good sites to check into:

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/EverQuest_2_Wiki:Main_Page
http://eq2.zam.com/
http://eq2.eqtraders.com/articles/news_page.php

(all of these are listed on our guild website)

You can make a lot of money off of quests...I have made quite a few plat...the only things you really need a low levels is armor and food...which I will provide for you in the mail sometime today...I am sorry for not getting this stuff to you earlier... I will also send you a little bit of money... :) Selling on the broker can make you a lot of money, but sometimes you have to wait a few weeks...

EDIT: I went to get on to make your stuff, but I cannot log in, I think they are about to do maintenance, but I WILL get you some food and armor today... :)

Last edited:
Food?

Yeah I popped on and it said Erilon was hungry and thirsty. It is the basic things like that which I have clue about. Still looking online for a guide. I'll call a local game store today, maybe they will have something. Oh and can you dual weild or is that only for certian classes? Also is the area I'm in, where the Faye live, the best area for now?

Yeah, you can hit 20 in the Faye area...many classes can dual wield, but yes it is class specific...Pally's cannot... Like, what kind of guide are you looking for...Most of the time MMORPGs don't have guides like other games...mostly they just have databases...such as the first 2 links I gave you... I will do some looking for like a "strategy guide" of sorts...

Yep, and if you get the good stuff (the stuff I will be sending you) it will give you a major boost to your HP and Power regeneration rate...and sometimes even buffs to attributes...

Well, different food and drink last different periods of time... Good stuff usually lasts 3 to 4 hours of actual play time, cheap stuff usually 30 mins to an hour...

LOL, guess Erilon would have starved to death. OK now explain the professions if you would. Should I pick one or what and if so how do I do that?

Well, the best way to do them is by pressing 1, 2, and 3 as soon as they are usable, and try to change the order if an icon appears... 4, 5, and 6 aren't really used until level 20+...

Here is some good info on tradeskills...

Artisan - Classes, Subclasses and How They Work

Levels 2-9 - Sample Everything

After you speak to one of several NPCs (wholesaler if on the isles, crafting trainer if elsewhere) you will be promoted to artisan level two, and receive your Artisan Essentials Volume 2 book. Congratulations, you are now an artisan, able to make a little bit of this, a little bit of that. It is a good time to "try a bit of everything" and see what you do and do not enjoy making. Before you can "ding" to tradeskill level 10, however, you need to make a choice regarding what tradeskill class you wish to be.

Decisions, Decisions
Your three class choices for level 10 are Craftsman, Outfitter and Scholar, and you must choose one, and only one, before you can progress at the end of artisan 9. Once you inform the proper NPC* of your decision, there is no going back, so use the time that you spend as an artisan as a chance to try things out and make a decision. This decision will only affect what level 10+ recipes you can learn, so don't fret about losing some of your low-level food recipes, for example, if you decide to go Outfitter. Nothing that you already learned is lost.

Craftsman

The crafstman makes food and drink, as well as all sorts of things with wood (wooden weapons, furniture, totems, bucklers, ammo, etc.)

Outfitter

Outfitters focus on gearing up players by use of blacksmithing and tailoring - metal, cloth and leather armor, as well as an array of metal weapons and metal (tower, kite) shields.

Scholar

Scholars create jewelry, potions and poisons, as well as all spells, skills and combat art upgrades.

Levels 10-19 - Refining Your Skills
You have chosen your tradeskill class, and are now starting to make bigger, better items. You'll be working with a more limited subset of the recipe types than you saw as an artisan, and using higher-level ingredients to make higher-level items. (Your target customers will generally be folks in the adventurer levels 10-19 at this point.) Again, take these levels to get a feel for the various types of items that you can now learn to make. See what does and does not interest you in your level 10-19 recipes. Now is the time to really settle down and figure out which parts of the profession you do and do not like, so you are prepared to make your level 20 subclass choice.

By the time you are level 19 in your chosen tradeskill class, hopefully you will have managed to narrow down exactly which subclass you would like to be. As with your class choice for level 10, in order to progress to tradeskill level 20, you must seek out the proper NPC*, and inform them of your choice. Once you have chosen, you cannot change your mind, so make sure to give this some thought.

Level 20 - The SubClasses
If you are a Craftsman, your choices for subclasses are: Provisioner, Carpenter and Woodworker. Those who love playing with the stove and keg above all other crafts tend to become Provisioners, creating delectable foods and drinks for the voracious masses. Those who like to make wooden weapons, ammo, small shields, bows, and totems will find Woodworker more to their liking. Any who, like 'Mum, love to make homes beautiful with a variety of furniture (as well as those who like making strongboxes) will find that the Carpenter subclass to be where they are most comfortable. (Carpenters also craft rare woods into home-placeable sales containers, starting in their 20s.)

Outfitters, too, have three choices - Armorer, Tailor, and Weaponsmith. The Armorer specializes in chain and plate armor, as well as tower and kite shields, spending hours working in front of a hot forge while making protective gear for the more combat-oriented sorts. A Tailor works on protective gear for those who are a bit more delicate - creating an assortment of cloth and leather armor sets, as well as bags, quivers and hex dolls. Then, of course, there's the Weaponsmith, who makes metal implements of destruction (weapons) in a wide variety of styles.

The Scholars choose from Alchemist, Sage and Jeweler. If chemistry experiments that create useful potions and dangerous poisons are up your alley, or you like making combat art upgrades for the fighter classes, then Alchemist is a good choice for you. If you prefer working with precious metals and gems to make lovely (and useful) jewelry, or you like making skill upgrade runes for scouts, then, naturally, Jeweler is more your style. For the more bookish sorts, who tend to have permanently ink-stained fingers from making spell scrolls, the obvious choice will be Sage.
Choose Wisely

Levels 3-9 in artisan go very quickly, so be sure to sample a bit of this and that, making at least one item on every piece of tradeskill equipment, if you're having problems making your level 10 choice. Once you make that choice, you have basically locked yourself out of 6 of the 9 possible tradeskill professions, so think carefully before you choose.

*When you are ready to make your level 10 and level 20 profession choices, you should speak with the tradeskill trainers outside the various village crafting instances.

Last edited:
Not sure...I have been told before, but I do not remember...I guess Scholars would be rather profitable...you could make spells...and that is a big money maker...

See...comparing to WoW (I hate doing this) you go to a trainer to buy your spell upgrades...in EQ2 someone needs to make them for you or you might find them randomly off of mobs... And instead of rank 1, 2, 3, 4, and so on you have: Apprentice, Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master, and Grandmaster... Also every 10 levels or so you get a Major upgrade automatically that goes like Kick would turn into Kick II which would be much better than Kick, and each move (Kick, Kick II, Kick III, and so on) has it's own 6 ranks as well (Apprentice, Journeyman, Adept, Expert, Master, and Grandmaster)...

Last edited:
OK so is doing quests the best way to level or should I stop long enough to pickn up a profession? At 14 I really want to hit 20 by next week for that challenge thing, if possible.

Well, questing is about the fastest, if you have high percentage of vitality, grinding a dungeon works well... If I can get on sometime today for much time (doubt it) I would help you out...but I will probably only be able to get on long enough to make you armor...

I usually play around 9pm to midnight CST, but this week is busy, so I won't be on all that much...I have family stuff this week, and a concert on Saturday...hehe... But I try to stay on the launcher so if anyone needs anything or needs an invite...

I totally understand. When I started out things seemed so overwhelming and in many ways even after two months are. I know Arel keeps telling me that even after all of the years he has played he is still learning new things. This is the guide i downloaded that helped me understand the game a little better. Not too expensive and can get it right away, two things that I really liked. Hope this helps. :)

http://www.primagames.com/catalog/display.pperl?isbn=9780761549956

Back