GLOBAL WARMING LIE

From their website:

So, what is global warming and what's the problem anyway?
The science is clear: global warming is happening faster than ever and humans are responsible. Global warming is caused by releasing what are called greenhouse gases into the atmosphere. The most common greenhouse gas is carbon dioxide. Many of the activities we do every day like turn the lights on, cook food, or heat or cool our homes rely on energy sources like coal and oil that emit carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases. This is a major problem because global warming destabilizes the delicate balance that makes life on this planet possible. Just a few degrees in temperature can completely change the world as we know it, and threaten the lives of millions of people around the world. But don't give up hope! You can help stop global warming by taking action here at 350.org.

The science is clear: global warming is happening faster than ever and humans are responsible.

The science on this matter is not clear. With only about 100 years of observations (and certainly not all the observations have been done with hopes of ever answer the question of what changes in our climate are related to human activity), there is no way to determine what effects we have had on the earths climate. If you believe the world is 4 billion years old, or that humans in some form have been around for 20,000 years or 6,000 years per the biblical record, 100 years of observations does not make for an adequate sample.

Global warming is caused by releasing what are called greenhouse gases into the atmosphere.

This is one cause, there are many others. Some are known, some are not. How all the contributing factors affect climate is simply unknown. This has been proven every day in the weather forecast and more recently, with the current cooling trends that have not been predicted by warm alarmists. As a matter of fact, there has not been enough correlation between the short term postulations from the climate models used and the reality experienced for anybody to say with any authority that we have any idea how all the contributing factors in the climate affect the climate or each other.

The most common greenhouse gas is carbon dioxide.

This is actually a straight out lie. The most common greenhouse gas is water vapor which accounts for over 80% of the green house gases and it is nearly entirely caused by natural sources.

Many of the activities we do every day like turn the lights on, cook food, or heat or cool our homes rely on energy sources like coal and oil that emit carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping gases.

It is true that whatever we do, when we consume energy, CO2 is a bi product. Even in producing "green energy" CO2 is created. Wind farm structures were made with CO2 forming industry, they are maintained with CO2 forming machinery, everything has a CO2 footprint. Thankfully, we have a God who considered this when he created plants that use CO2 as an energy source. The more CO2 we produce, the healthier plant life we see on the earth, the healthier the earth will be.

This is a major problem because global warming destabilizes the delicate balance that makes life on this planet possible.

False, this again is mis truth. Carbon is a building block of life. Carbon dioxide is actually in every living element on this planet. How can producing more CO2 destabilize a living foundational block essential to life on this planet? It does not make sense to argue that reducing it is good. The planet is covered with foilage that thrives on CO2, reducing CO2 will stunt all plant growth on this planet, if not kill it. Can we honestly say or even argue that this is remotely a positive outcome for the planet?

Just a few degrees in temperature can completely change the world as we know it, and threaten the lives of millions of people around the world.

The more CO2 we have, the healthier plants we have, more abundant plant life we have. Inhospitable deserts become food producing lands that help alleviate food shortages and world hunger. The science does not support the idea that increasing CO2 will significantly increase the worlds temperature. The CO2 in the atmosphere absorb's only a specific wave length of light, unless the sun produces more of that wavelength, CO2 can not absorb any more light generating any more heat. The natural greenhouse effect is real and it does keep us warm but it has already reached its peak performance, more CO2 will not cause drastic temperature changes.

The science of it is, the first 20ppm of CO2 in the atmosphere accounts for 1.5'F of climates temperature. Each 20ppm accounts for less and less and less as there is only so much energy at that wavelength to be absorbed. Granted, you never get 100% absorption, even on a planet that is nearly 100% CO2 like Venus. At our current level of saturation, adding another 20PPM of CO2 into the atmosphere will only add 0.05'F to the climate.

Plant growth on earth is maximized at 1200 to 1500 PPM of CO2. A far cry from our current 385PPM. We are actually starving plant growth right now. Even if we triple the CO2 concentration in the atmosphere to optimize plant growth, the added temperature (assuming a straight line 0.05' per 20PPM), would increase by 2.1'F. But each addition 20PPM adds less and less temperature on an inverse logarithm scale. The result of which, scientifically, would add 1.5 to 1.8'F.

Last edited:
I see a new title for Aves in the future.

Avesther, Professor of Ecological Sciences
<Redeemed>

I'm kidding of course.

:D

I don't necessarily agree with what they are saying. Water vapor is in fact the worlds most abundant greenhouse gas.

I do believe that the science behind it can be more accurately measured than you say in your second paragraph. After all, humans have only been mass producing carbon dioxide and other gases unnaturally for the past 300 or so years, you don't need to take into account that Earth is 4 billion or 6 thousand years old (though, we've been burning coal for a while). Like many myths on Mythbusters, it is plausible to think that over 300 years, we can start to manipulate Earth's climate.

Last edited:
Good point Odale, it is plausible. So lets look at the science of CO2.

Take a look at this report starting at page 20. It shows the warming effect CO2 has on temperature. CO2 has an effect and the effect is known and it is logarithmic. The first 20PPM of CO2 in the atmosphere has a greater effect on the temperature then the next 400PPM. I find it interesting that the increase in CO2 since the Industrial Revolution has had only an effect of 0.1'C on the temperature. And even if the CO2 levels were to rise to 620PPM, the effect would only be 0.16'C. Hardly substantial. And how much of that increase in CO2 is man made versus natural? Certainly, the first 20PPM (that has a greater effect then the next 400ppm) is natural.

What Global Warming says to me is : That they think God is not in control of the world he created. Which is obviously false. Even if the world did rise in temperature, and if humans WERE the reason, its nothing God cant handle or had planned. One fact scientists overlook is that God rules everything and knows everything :D.

What Global Warming says to me is : That they think God is not in control of the world he created. Which is obviously false. Even if the world did rise in temperature, and if humans WERE the reason, its nothing God cant handle or had planned. One fact scientists overlook is that God rules everything and knows everything :D.

True. And it does not give us the right to ram-sack the environment either.

What's all the fuss about anyways? I mean, aren't these the same people that say the world is going to end on Dec 12, 2012 because its the end of the mayan calender? I can't wait for Dec 13, 2012 so I can post my IN YOUR FACE video on You Tube.

I live in Fl where every year is different. Last year in Oct, we set some record lows for the area. Our summer was very mild compared to past summers. And despite tight water restrictions because of a supposed drought, we had several weeks of record rainfalls. I'm not basing this on any science other then my own eye's, and faith in God's plan.

Well I highly doubt any one reading this forum is Ram-sacking the environment. I am sure most of the damage is done by large Corporations that don't heed God or His instructions.

Well I highly doubt any one reading this forum is Ram-sacking the environment. I am sure most of the damage is done by large Corporations that don't heed God or His instructions.

That's it. I'm dumping my trash on the floor as I type. It's all gonna get incinerated in the end anyway. :cool:

I took what he GP said as "it doesn't give us the right to not try to improve upon what we have already created."

...Instead of "it doesn't mean we can go out of our way to trash our environment."

Granted, I don't know how he meant his statement to be read.

forget the concept of global warming....we as Christians have the responsibility to be stewards of the environment and be a leading witness to the rest of the world. Reduce your usage, Reuse what you can, Recycle. :D

Back