Going on mission trip

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxX

Hey all, I'm going to Philadelphia this week as part of a large group of ygs in new jersey. We'll be helping a church there reach out to the community. Please pray for me, so I can do what God wants of me.
smile.gif
thanks

God is always willing to speak to you man, just listen hehe, dude mission trips are so enlighting then just help you focus on Him soooo much, enjoy it man.

Thanks ppl. The missions part of it was cool, what happened is my yg was assigned with some other ones to a church that was planning a street carnival. However, there was another project in which 30 people dropped out of (don't ask). Since our group was biggest, they asked for volunteers from us to join the other project (there was one leader and two     gir ls left), so I went. We got to help a rescue mission and do some yardwork in their new facility in the suburbs. We also did a chapel service in which we did a skit and testimonies etc.. On saturday we went back to our original project to help with the carnival. We were afraid it would rain that day, so we prayed to God for it not to rain. It didn't rain until just as we were packing up to go. Suddenly it just started to pour. Amazing.

The social interaction part of it wasn't too cool for me because, being a quiet type of guy, I kinda got ignored by the groups.
sad.gif
On the bright side, I met a gir l near the end that had the same interests as me, so at least I got to talk to somebody.

Anyway, I would recommend going on a mission trip if you havent already, evern if you're an adul t (go as a leader!
biggrin.gif
). It was really fun and a good learning experience.

>_< for some reason I cant post certain words, I think its this weird filter my dad just installed. i had to space them out lol

Way to go MaxX! Welcome back.

Yes! I also recommend mission trips. I had a total life-changing one in 1994. I've never been the same since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back