Guild Calendar?

Apollux

Hello all,

So with 3.02 out and WoW now having a calendar, what will the guild be using for raids, events, and such? Are we staying with Group Calendar or moving to the WoW one?

if you code it... they will come.

Its a waste for us to add another mod when Blizzard is already proviing that feature. Its like the old guild bank mods we had to use... no longer needed (thank goodness)

A consensus from the officers on this would be appreciated. This would elimate confusion within the guild concerning what to use. Thanks.

I haven't discussed with the other officers yet, however plan to use the Blizzard Guild Calendar feature for now. I think it will meet our needs and be one less mod folks need to keep updated.

We're talking about it among the officers right now...not sure how it's use crosses over and need to figure out a bit about the blizz calendar but overall I'd rather use mods that are part of the blizz package than expecting guildies to all download a mod and keep it current.

Due to the "invitation only" nature of the Blizz built-in calendar, we've decided to continue using guild calendar for the guild events. It seemed better suited to the way the guild runs events for us to be able to see an event and subscribe than for the raid leader to have to send out invites.

Due to the "invitation only" nature of the Blizz built-in calendar, we've decided to continue using guild calendar for the guild events. It seemed better suited to the way the guild runs events for us to be able to see an event and subscribe than for the raid leader to have to send out invites.

Yeah, I have not been able to figure out the "mass invite" feature of the built-in WoW calendar. :confused:

I think making a "guild announcement" instead of an "event" allows it to be public. there is no sign-up feature, but I don't think J and I have used sign-ups in our run for a long time anyway. Check, and you should see the ZA 'announcement' for Friday the 24th. Let me know if it worked :)

Thanks Nathan,

I downloaded the new version of Guild Calendar (v 4.2.1) and it seems to work well.

Hey - Apollux is lvl 69. How about he tanks ZA? :p

Tanking ZA at 69 might be out of the question, but post-nerf I think he can probably handle Kara already :p.

:D Of course I was kidding about tanking ZA at 69. But with the Post Patch nerf I did hear someone on the SGA channel report they cleared Kara in about an hour and 1/2... (Though that sounds a wee bit fast.)

Last edited:
I totally believe it. Last night was my first run in there since the patch. EVERYTHING was not only one-shotted, but one shotted with no casualties that I remember, and in ridiculous time. For example, we made a mistake on R&J where R was down with J at about 80%.....and still got her before the reset.

As a followup, I healed ZA right after on my pally healer. Fully half the raid was first time, while half was experienced (incl myself). We one shotted all the bosses, though there were casualties on some. On the hawk fight we lost 3 on the first lightning storm, and still downed him without a sweat.

The nerfing was done to a degree where this is almost silly. Personally, it was too much.

Update on Which Calendar?

Hey everyone,

So I'm currently seeing guild events on the Group Calendar add-on and the new WoW calendar. It's a bit confusing as they are both being created/used by officers. Is there a plan to officially go with one or the other? :confused:

in another fourm it was said we will be using the group calander. that is awere all my runs and any others are posted.

Bob..sorry for the confusion. We were trying out the Wow calendar as its much easier to use something built-in than expecting all the guildies to download (and keep updated) an add-on. However, we've found the blizz built-in to be lacking. It allows for invitations (only up to 100 people) and recently we've found that we can post events for viewing, but it doesn't allow for any sort of "subscription". We're in discussions about whether knowing who is coming to an event makes it necessary to have an add-on. What's your thought on the subject?

Thank you Anita,

Yes, I agree downloading updates for add ons is a pain. But I find the built in WoW calendar lacking in many regards. Not having an ability to sign up for an event (or post one) is more inconvenient than occasionally downloading a new version of Group Calendar to work with a Blizz patch. Of all the add ons, I have personally found Group Calendar to be the least buggy or patch dependent. Most of us who are signing up for raids/events are more "hardcore" and already spend time tweaking toons, interfaces, reading forums, etc. anyways.

Thanks for asking my opinion! :)

Last edited:
Back