Guild Karazhan Run

Mike and Danny are both excellent healers with their holy pallies. However, I know that we need a priest also.

I would say you need two very well geared tanks for nearly all the bosses. An off-tank druid or pally, or even fury warrior won't cut it, because these mobs can crit for up to 24 thousand (heck, their normal attacks are 4-5 thousand). You have to have two fully decked out tanks to attempt the fights.

Although I'd hate to turn this thread into *another* tank discussion I would like to point out that if these mobs are hitting (as opposed to casting) for high numbers then one must bear in mind that druids take less damage from melee/ranged hits than warriors do. It's something to do with having a disgusting amount of armor. If they're casting that's a bit of a different issue, but I do have over 10k of hitpoints unbuffed.

Alright, back to the topic at hand: when abouts would we be starting these runs, and are we going to throw them up in GuildCalendar?

Ive thought about using tree of life for raid healing, I have some nice gear for healing. Daire's armor bounces around depending on my gear for what im doing, 14 -17k armor and generally at least 14k health. Naturally with buffs and potions It can be much higher. We have a lot of people wanting to go and several tanks, I guess Im wondering how a decision like this is made? I hit 60 close enough to when TBC came out that I only saw the inside of ZG. Anyway, I am from a unique class and I can be versatile.

Anyway, We only have a few high level locks in our guild huh?

Wow..that doesnt leave much open for daire, oh well.

Eventually maybe we will have enough keyed for 2 groups. Many of us have or will have multiple toons keyed up allowing us to be more flexable. Also, we can always share spots with others if we only have enough for one group (I do not care if I'm in the first group that goes or not)

Me (Healadin, Fury Warrior <-(Maybe prot soon)
Renee (Resto)
Berstromme (Healadin)
Holly (Feral)
John jr (Feral)
John sr (Lock/Rogue)
Sheri (mage)
Mike (His lock and soon his priest)
Angie (Prot tank)
Randy (mage)
Morgrins (hunter)
Avestia (Priest)
Zennen (frost mage)
Xandar (Hunter)
Adam (Hunter)
Mimbari (rogue)
Conner (feral? healing?/pally tank)

Last edited:
Sheri & I are both interested, but depending on how late the runs go, we may not be able to stay the whole time. I'd rather see someone that can stay until 10p server take my place; i'm usually off to bed between 8 and 9p server. I assume that since Mogrins works with me, he'll be in the same boat on this run, but I'll leave that to him to decide. :)

Ive thought about using tree of life for raid healing, I have some nice gear for healing. Daire's armor bounces around depending on my gear for what im doing, 14 -17k armor and generally at least 14k health. Naturally with buffs and potions It can be much higher. We have a lot of people wanting to go and several tanks, I guess Im wondering how a decision like this is made? I hit 60 close enough to when TBC came out that I only saw the inside of ZG. Anyway, I am from a unique class and I can be versatile.

Anyway, We only have a few high level locks in our guild huh?

Only 2 that I'm aware of.

As for tanks..

If it were me my initial decision for tanks in a new, difficult instance, would be 1: Who applied first? 2: Are they geared, specced and experienced well enough for the task? (2) would trump (1) IF the difference in gear was significant and not trivial. Yes it's just a game and all about having fun..but throwing a badly geared tank, with little experience into the group will not be fun very long..When you have multiple tanks that are pretty much = in skill/gear..and you only have so many spots, it's a mix of FCFS and sharing those spots. (Same for other spots)

I'm mired in paper grading and final exams, so Xandar is looking at running Kara this Monday. The thread for that run is here. I would like to start running on Thusday, May 3rd. The thread for that run is here.

Back