GW2 2011- Beta 2010

Stc95

Tribe of Judah Guild Wars Chapter Leader
As per this article. Nothing so far on the GW official site. But this new article looks pretty legit. Can't say I'm not surprised, but I'm glad things are getting set.. albeit still very vague.

Here is an interesting thing my good friend Wizard Bihuq gave to me tonight about GW2. Most of the stuff I knew about, but there were some things that caught my eye.

# Players can now jump and swim.
# Players are not able to fly.
# Underwater exploration will be easy and accessible for all players; it won’t be hostile environment seen in many other games. A long-lasting and easily-acquired consumable item allows players to breathe underwater, so you won’t have to worry about drowning.
# Underwater areas make a fun change of pace, and encourage players to explore. Almost all dungeons and explorable areas have underwater zones, and some have a significant amount of underwater exploration. These zones open up exciting new possibilities and greatly expand the explorable areas in GW2.
# There are underwater cities, ruins, caverns, new enemies, and friendly races.

Jeremy Soule will be providing music again.
YES! ^_^

Discuss! :)

We shall have to wait and see what will actually happen. ;)

I think it would be funny if a fire mage went swimming and couldn't use any magic and just made steam. :D

I just hope they don't go to ablative armor.

Was anyone on here part of the beta testing for GW1? If so how did they go about it? I'm assuming there will be some similarities in the process.

-Proph.

Was anyone on here part of the beta testing for GW1? If so how did they go about it? I'm assuming there will be some similarities in the process.

-Proph.
One of our newer members was actually involved in the Alpha (and I think Beta) testing of GW1. I'd have to search through the threads to see who it is because I can't remember.

GW 2 is already filled for beta testers I think. They had an open forum asking for people a while back. I would have done it except for the fact they expected 3-6 hours daily for people to play test. I can't give a guarantee like that.

How did I miss that! Dang, I have been trying to follow everything related to GW2. If it turns out they are taking more folks later can someone post it. I may have 3hrs a a day or so to dedicate to it. :)

-Proph.

As far as I know the only "Guild Wars 2 Beta sign-up" sites were actually phishing sites, the only thing from ArenaNet you cold sign up for so far is the Test Krewe which is to test updates for Guild Wars 1 before they go live, under a NDA of course.

Jeremy Soule will be providing music again
YES! ^_^
Likewise thrilled. :) His music does so much to give the game great atmosphere!

Glad to hear drowning won't be a big issue. The short time I played WoW was enough to tell me that the risk of drowning if you weren't careful and attentive didn't add anything positive to the game.

Back