Had a massive influx of gold...might get vabbian armor

gerrtGSU06-CTS

Title says it all, but I have a question really fast:

If you buy materials from the vendor does the price ever change while you're sitting there?

I've been doing the math and I have enough for all the rubies and sapphires and elonian leather I need to get my vabbian assassin armor, but only if the price doesn't adjust itself as you buy stuff. Does it?

It can change, depending on the stock the vendors have. That said, rubies and sapphires have dropped a bit in recent days since they started dropping and being added as rewards for a few WoC quests. Its only a drop of 500g or so, but some is better than none.

Ah, so maybe I should do WoC first and get some more there before dropping the cash on the traders? Or doing the quests in nightfall that give contracts...guess I shouldn't get trigger happy, might save myself about 50k.

You can make Elonian Leather for way cheaper than buying it: Prophecies, Factions and Nightfall artisans will craft one Elonian Leather Square for 5 Tanned Hide Squares, 5 Piles of Glittering Dust and 50 Gold.

There is a crafter outside of Kodlonu Hamlet in NF Crafter is here

Hope this helps you save even more cash!

The elonian leather is the least of my problems. I have a bunch of it already and only need a few more squares, but good call on that.

I'm not sure what the market is for gems right now, but you can always find a nice deal from people selling in Kamadan/LA/GToB/etc.

Also look on wiki for what quests give gem rewards, and then try and roll as many characters through them as possible. That's what I did for Oppressor weapons and for my gems.

In NF, there are quest rewards of a total of 27 trade contracts per character, 1 short of 4 gems worth. The last two quests in WoC give you a gem each. And while you're in the vabbi area, be on the lookout for ruby or jeweled weapons with inscription slots. A "measure for measure" salvaged with a higher-level kit gives you a shot at a gemstone as well. I got one during nick's geode week.

The armor crafter isn't going anywhere, and you still have a good amount of time until gw2. So the more you acquire through gameplay (or buying good deals), the less you have to overpay later.

Yeah, I just got excited to see my bank account jump from 40k to 222k in less than an hour.

I think I'll wait and go through WoC and do the NF quests for the trade contracts like I originally planned.

I sold 3 oppressor weapons and some other stuff that was cluttering up my storage. Oppressors go for 45-60k a piece I've noticed. That and just doing quests and stuff got me lots of gold in one day.

Gone through most of the quests with 4 characters now...16 rubies and 3 sapphires, well on my way and haven't spent a dime (infact, I've gotten quite a few back since I've been getting chests/drops/quest gold). Thanks for helping me not pull the trigger prematurely. Oh, and I haven't touched winds of change yet, just the nightfall ones.

I just bought my Vabbian armour recently, I bought the rubies and sapphires for 7.6k each in Kamadan (I often buy things slightly higher than the common trade price, in the time it takes to wait for a better deal, I could have made more than enough money to cover the difference). Personally in the time that it takes to complete enough quests to earn the materials, I am already able to make more money through certain farming methods such as solo farming the underworld (nets me about 2-4 ectos worth per hour). However this may not be the case for you, if you're not an efficient farmer then by all means do the quests.

My view with things like elite armour is to make sure that even after you've bought it, you'll still have plenty of money to buy things that you might actually need/want, because sometimes a good deal may drop out of the sky. In this case I had 91 ectos + 200k, even after buying the armour, I still have around 50 ectos + 200k (I sold ectos at 7k each), so I spent just under half my wealth.

Last edited:
Yeah, I didn't want to completely bankrupt myself by buying something that's just as strong as armor I could buy for 1.5k a piece. But in the end, after much questing (and gold earning from killing enemies and turning in quests) I ended up with over 300k and all but one sapphire that I needed to make a full set, so I bought one from the vendor and called it a day. Then I just needed to buy 3 white dye to match the two I already had...still have over 270k at the end of the day.

I look swanky in white-dyed vabbian assassin armor though :)

Now I just need to decide what I want to do with my 4500+ trick or treat bags.

I'll give you my opinion, but feel free to ignore it:

If you want to aim for the full 50/50 HoM points, then you'll need to get your cons titles maxed at some point so you may as well use the ToT bags to add points to your sweet, alcohol and drunkard titles.

If you only need 30/50 HoM points (30/50 gives you all the rewards already, anything after that is just titles), then I would sell the ToT bags. You'll make points much faster by selling them so you can buy weapons, armor, hero armor and minis for your HoM.

I'm personally leaning towards the second, because I'm not really fussed about getting 50/50 just for some title.

I've got 30/50 already but i want to max the con titles too. So i am using them.

I got 3+ stacks of cookies, apples, and corn!

Morale, health/energy, and attributes are no longer a concern.

Last night I spent time zoning back and forth between The Black Curtain and Talmark Wilderness using a stack each of apples and corn on my main char. Creeping to 6k sweet.

It's the candy canes that are hard for Survivors to use. Mutually exclusive ideas.

Strictly speaking they are no longer mutually exclusive, you can just get one before working on the other.

Back