Hebrews 10:26

Avesther

Hebrews 10:26
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left.

The Romans passages are a bit much to post here, but I'll highlight Roman 7:17. I urge you to read the entire passage.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it (doing evil, sinning), but it is sin living in me

Comparatively speaking, how do these two passages affect how you view your sin and your view of sinners?

it's the difference between knowingly happily sinning, and unknowlingly sinning.

notice in the Romans verses it speaks of "deliberately keep on sinning" while the Hebrews doesn't.

Makes sense?

yes there is such a thing as sinning in ignorance, and most sins that a Christian commits fall under this banner. When you knowingly sin, as you look at what you're doing, you feel the conviction, maybe even before you had started doing it. You know with every fiber of your being that its sin. Maybe you've told yourself "that it's ok" or that "brother so-n-so does it" but you KNOW it's a sin

Any sin that you have done, that you don't realize is a sin, is a sin commited in ignorance. There are Christians who haven't read the whole Bible, who are new Christians, and just don't know yet, or even older Christians who don't realize a certain action is sin. Or even a Christian, who didn't realize they had offended someone. There are numerous ways to commits sins in ignorance.

A prime example is long hair on men. There are Biblical reasons behind Paul's telling men to keep their hair short, and to for a man to pray with his hair long is basically an insult to God. Now in today's society, it's perfectly acceptable for men to have long hair, and 90% of the Christians out there, read right over these verses, without ever stopping, reading, and really thinking about the theological implications of what Paul was saying.

Thats sinning in ignorance.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]There are Christians who haven't read the whole Bible, who are new Christians, and just don't know yet, or even older Christians who don't realize a certain action is sin.  Or even a Christian, who didn't realize they had offended someone.  There are numerous ways to commits sins in ignorance.
Will the ignorant be judged before God? Suppose my spainish teacher teaches me foul language in Spainish, and tells me the word means something else, because he thinks its funny. So I go around using my God's name in vain, but I have no idea what I am saying? am I sinning?

Can a new born baby flip people off?

Can a kid showing off a bike trick for his mom be too arrogant?

If a child takes something that is not his for the first time, does he sin?

I don't think there is sin until someone knows the lines God put before him. Adam and Eve ate from the tree after God told them not to. I don't think God would throw them out if He didn't command them about the forbidden fruit. Of course I guess I"m walking into a speculation debate, but whatever. Sounds good to me

then we can get into the whole mentally handicapped side of the issue, but that would open a whole new can of worms.

no it's still sin. sin does not change, and our ignorance of it doesn't change the price we must pay for it.

That's the reason we must receive salvation, because we have sinned unknowlingly or knowingly and must accept either what has been paid for us, or pay the price ourselves.

After salvation, when a christian unknowingly sins, they're covered by grace until they ask for forgiveness.

to look at your Adam an Eve thing, all the sins existed, and Im sure Adam and Eve broke numerous ones, but the only one they were punished for was eating the forbidden fruit. They were under grace for the other sins, but had to pay the price for the sin they knowingly committed.

that is the joys and the hardships of the knowledge of good and evil.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Im sure Adam and Eve broke numerous ones, but the only one they were punished for was eating the forbidden fruit.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]our ignorance of it doesn't change the price we must pay for it.
well, I was going to ask you for scripture, but I looked it up and your right. There are some verses in the old testament that require atonement(sp?) for sins in ignorance. good call

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]to look at your Adam an Eve thing, all the sins existed, and Im sure Adam and Eve broke numerous ones, but the only one they were punished for was eating the forbidden fruit. They were under grace for the other sins, but had to pay the price for the sin they knowingly committed.

that is the joys and the hardships of the knowledge of good and evil.
How would it have been a sin that they knowingly committed? Before eating from the tree of knowledge of good and evil, they would have had no knowledge of good and evil, ergo they would not have known that they were doing something wrong.

no, they knew there were not supposed to do it. you can know whether or not you are to do something, without knowing whether or not it's good of evil.

Knowledge of whether we're to do something, has no real bearing on our knowledge of good and evil.

here's an example, my son, he knows he's not supposed to open the kitchen cabinets. He doesn't know if opening them are good and evil, all he knows is that hes not supposed to.

Is this like the story of Abraham and his wife, who he told to tell anyone the meet that he is her brother. And I forgot the other Abimelech in a dream that he is going to die because sarah is married. ANd he tells God I did not know that she was married she told me she was her sister. And God told him I know thats y I haven't killed u already. Return her to her husband and I will let her live.

Is this kind of like sinning without knowing. Because god let him live because he didn't know.

I don't know everything about the bible but I think this kind of shows an example of unknowingly sinning.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]no, they knew there were not supposed to do it. you can know whether or not you are to do something, without knowing whether or not it's good of evil.

Knowledge of whether we're to do something, has no real bearing on our knowledge of good and evil.

here's an example, my son, he knows he's not supposed to open the kitchen cabinets. He doesn't know if opening them are good and evil, all he knows is that hes not supposed to.
But previously you said that they "had to pay the price for the sin they knowingly committed," implying that they knew what they were doing was an "evil" sin.

Back