Not open for further replies.

michaelpi

well lests start off tonight my parenst started yelling and cussing at me
they think il be a screw up like my bro
they think i have no hopes or dreams
they think i dont care abowt aneything
when i asked to stop cussing they told me "dont tell me what the **** to do"
i think my mom is bi-poler or something like that
are assesten prinsble always blames stuff on me evan if im not there that day il get in truble. he never helps me if some one sayes stuff abowt me (wich happens evey day)
they dont think im trying at school
they want to put me in a nother school, home schools or some miltary school now what should i do? aney help would be good

wow....... i can about the only parts i can personally relate to are the bi-polar and the part about "screwing up like my bro" . something you might want to check out are 2 books that could help you alot: 1: Boundrys, in the long run the book will help you deal with people on a better platform so you wont have so many arguements, hwoever short term sucks becuase when you try and implement it people dont like u as much. 2nd: is purpose driven life. even if you have read it, read it again, most of the stuff didt sink into me until i read it the 2nd time. and if you ever need someone to talk to around your age, just msg me man, i got u on msn.

OK, Michael. I see from your profile that you're 15. You've got two main obligations in this situation (I assume you've done several):

1. PRAY. My wife always tells me to go to the Throne before I go to the phone. All the advice in the world is just idle chatter compared to what God has to say to you.

2. Honor your father and mother. Even when they don't deserve it. My father-in-law is bipolar, and it's never fun dealing with him. Of course, I'm 28 and have my own house, so I can just leave-- you don't have that option.

Beyond that, make sure you do several things:

1. Save money. If you get an allowance or have a job, give 10% to God and save as much of the rest as you can. It goes along with #2...

2. Prepare for college. If you feel you're not getting a fair shake where you are, maybe military school or another change of scenery wouldn't be such a bad thing. Get good grades, if nothing else, and the money you save can be used for tuition at a community college. Get good enough grades, maybe that money can be used for living expenses when you're on your scholarship.

3. Get perspective. What does God want you to do for the next three years until you (might) leave home? Does He want you involved in your church youth group? To lead a Bible study at school? To just learn all that you can about Him? Figure out what He wants from you.

I hope that helps. Thise are things that you can do regardless of your situation that will prepare you for down the road. Unfortunately, until you're 18, you've got to deal with it bro.

ok today my mom piced me up from school and all of a suden she said you better lose that atatude when i dident say a word and i asked what did i do and she said you have a *** attatuied when i asked her not to cuss she yelled and hit me in the car this is getting rediclus i havent done aneything and she hits me

Whatever they do or say for you to do, Do IT. If they freak on you sometimes its best to say nothing. You must learn obedience in suffering. Find a quiet place and pray for them. Love conquers all.

Jeshurun said:
Whatever they do or say for you to do, Do IT.
While I advise all children to honor their mothers and fathers, I can not agree with obeying their instruction no matter what. There are situations where parents order their children to violate God's commandments; while they are few and far between (and likely not relevant to michaelpi's situation), they do occur and should be considered. "Always-never" statements are a very dangerous thing, especially when applied to religious instruction.

Jeshurun said:
If they freak on you sometimes its best to say nothing.
Again, I must disagree. It's one thing for a parent to angrily and loudly lecture their child. It's quite another to smack them across the face. I can't believe that Jesus was allowing for child abuse when he told his followers to "turn the other cheek." If you are in any type of abusive relationship, whether parental or spousal abuse, get out. There are many organizations, Christian and otherwise, that help people get away from those who abuse them.

And remember that Scripture says "honor," not "obey" your parents. (Again, you should obey your parents if their orders don't contradict Scripture.) You can still honor your parents after turning them into the authorities in cases of actual child abuse.

The matter of verbal abuse is more complicated and I am hesitant to even discuss it as many children feel parent's legitimate criticism (you need to work harder in school, you've been lazy in class lately, you should stop being so rude to your grandparents) constitutes verbal abuse. It does not. But if there is a clear case of verbal abuse and you are being called hateful and obscene names, then I can't believe God would ideally want you to just sit there and take it.

If you are in a situation where you are certain you are being verbally abused, find a trustworthy and mature adult, like a youth pastor, and discuss the matter. Verbal abuse is often a prelude to physical abuse; even if physical abuse does not follow, verbal abuse can be as damaging, if not more damaging, than physical abuse.

Jeshurun said:
You must learn obedience in suffering.
As long as this pertains to obeying parental commands that line up with the Word of God or at least don't directly contradict it, I agree. If a parents says a child shouldn't go see a movie because it has an R rating and all their friends still go with another adult, that can be difficult on a child. Still, that child should endure the suffering and learn obedience.

Jeshurun said:
Find a quiet place and pray for them.
I sincerely agree with this advice.

I can't believe that Jesus was allowing for child abuse when he told his followers to "turn the other cheek." If you are in any type of abusive relationship, whether parental or spousal abuse, get out.

I heard an interesting sermon when i was very ltitle and i remember it today. at least the bottom line.

the pastor talked about the phrase "turn the other cheek" he used the cultural references in teh day. He said that, when the bible said, turn the other cheek ,it didn't mean necessarily, let yourself take whatever is dished out to you, and don't do ANYTHING. He said, that in the day, the social consequences of slaping someone on teh OTHER cheek, meant they recognized you as an equal, not as someone such as a slave.

What i remember is, is that it means, make things a WIN-WIN situation. Michael, in your situation, that may not be easy in the shortterm, but try to work something out. I'll be praying for you even though this is in advice forum.

I raise kids o yeh do I and they teach me Alot and if in a bad circumstance follow the the commandments but to help and this works on me, is to show "LOVE" a Hug, and a I am sorry goes absolutely a long ways Give that hug out Say I love you and be sincere about it it melts me and yeh I am a tough cookie with a soft spot but Love wow what can I say or add to that... We all goof!!!! Love Love Love Add sum to your everyday life... PS Give dat MAMA A HUG N Tell her you LOVE HER

Last edited:
I diagree with Tek7 on His view and I still go with what I said earlier. Here is what the Truth of God's Word says from the book of Colossians 3:20 Children, obey your parents in everything, for this pleases the Lord. Finally I would say that if you have a chance Michael and everone else take look at the book by Watchman Nee called Spiritual Authority. And how do you honor your parents? By being obedient and thats what God seeks from us according to Ecclesiastes 12:13. Also 1 Samuel 15:22-23 says "But Samuel replied: "Does the Lord delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices as much in obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better than the fat of rams. For rebellion is like the sin of divination, and arrogance like the evil of idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, He has rejected you as king." And look what happened to King Saul because he was disobedient to the truth of God, he lost the annointing of God and it was given to David a man after God's own heart. Again I would say obdience is very important to God and we must learn it in suffering just like Jesus did. If you can get the book by Watchman Nee called Spiritual Authority. I recommend every christian read this book. Bless you bro! Your brother in Christ's service forever, Randall aka Jeshurun/Whitestone P.S. Light excells darkness and God's way not our way is the only way ---> Jesus is the WAY! Psalm 133:1-3

If they start to hit you, you should seek outside help! I mean... child abuse! Against the law and such. I will be praying for you and I hope things get better. I agree with whoever said to get "The Purpose-Driven Life"

Ill pray for you!!!I would talk to a teacher or your pastor.Pray alot.Keep an open dialogue with Jesus in your head.When I am in a bad situation I often sing songs of praise to God.It doesnt make the situation any easier but it helps make me feel better.

michaelpi said:
(Writren 10-06-2005

well lests start off tonight my parenst started yelling and cussing at me
they think il be a screw up like my bro
they think i have no hopes or dreams
they think i dont care abowt aneything
when i asked to stop cussing they told me "dont tell me what the **** to do"
i think my mom is bi-poler or something like that
are assesten prinsble always blames stuff on me evan if im not there that day il get in truble. he never helps me if some one sayes stuff abowt me (wich happens evey day)
they dont think im trying at school
they want to put me in a nother school, home schools or some miltary school now what should i do? aney help would be good

How are things going?

still bad sometimes she starts cussing at me just today i was getting up she started cussing at me ya its not fun..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back