Help us choose a name!

JonZenor

Blog Post: Help us choose a name

Every great organization has a great name, from simple names like Apple, Hulu, Pandora, or who can forget Google? The time has come for our linkshell to decide on a name, one that the nation of Eorzea will not easily forget. This name could be funny, such as the World of Warcraft Tauren guild "Steaks on a Plain" or a serious name that makes clear that we are a group of Christians, like "Disciples of the Cross" or "Disciples of Eorzea".

The officers have decided the best thing to do is to enlist the help of everyone who is interested in this linkshell, so we created an open forum that allows anybody to suggest names and to vote up for names you like and down for names you do not like. We will keep this poll open for about 2 weeks, until 11:59 pm EST on Saturday, August 7th. At that point the officers will take a day or two to make the final decision on what the name of the linkshell will be out of the most voted on names.

Your input will be greatly appreciated in this decision making process. Please take just a few seconds to suggest any names you may have and to vote on the names you like the most. Registering on the website is not required to make suggestions or to vote.

Please take a few seconds to Vote now!

http://tojffxiv.userecho.com/

hmm, we need more names! The choices are ....OK
Disciple of anything else but Christ (or a Christ name) seems wrong in my humble opinion.

Unfortunately I don't have a lot of ideas.
I kinda like <The Good Stewards> A good goal for both the game and life.
I also tend to like 1 word names like <Perseverance> or <Agape>.
For a fun one I like <The Omnipresent> we are everywhere bwahahahahah

but the names already listed will work, just nothing strikes me as Ohhhhh nice! The ones I listed don't either. Maybe I have been in too many Christian guilds and am getting burnt out on names lol.

Disciple of anything else but Christ (or a Christ name) seems wrong in my humble opinion.

but the names already listed will work, just nothing strikes me as Ohhhhh nice! The ones I listed don't either. Maybe I have been in too many Christian guilds and am getting burnt out on names lol.

We have been having a BIG problem choosing a name that fits well for our Linkshell...every one of them we have been saying "eh" to...

Disciples of Christ or any other name that mentions the name of a religious figurehead may be against the SE Terms of Service so we want to steer clear of those only for that reason. :(

Is something wrong with the poll site? The votes for and against are keeping things near 1. :/

Im a fan of one word names. Personally, I don't care for long names.
I will most likely vote for a very short name over long titles.

Is something wrong with the poll site? The votes for and against are keeping things near 1. :/

Nope, that is how that site works...and it mostly gives use feedback to what is liked, and what is disliked rather than a poll that just pushes up what is liked and what not... :)

Ohh who ever came up with <Non-Fiction>, I like it! It is original (or at least I have never seen it) and I can tell it will spark some good conversations about absolute truth or the truth we represent. Neat!

wiki definition:
Non-fiction or nonfiction is an account, narrative, or representation of a subject which an author presents as fact.

For us that is the Good News yo!

Last edited:
Nothing's really grabbing my attention either. I hope we really find something nice before release... I'll try to think of more attention grabbers before August 7th...

There is still roughly 5 days to vote; however, the current 2 on top are: Agape and Sons of Thunder...

Like these names? Vote for them... Don't like them? Vote against them... Or even add your own...

The name will be chosen at the officers meeting on August 8th...voting ends at 11:59pm EST on the 7th...

Vote now: http://tojffxiv.userecho.com/

The name and ___ ___ _______ will be unveiled BY the 10th... ;)

Last edited:
I like the Latin names... I still think I liked "Non-Fiction" the best though... MAybe it justs because I always have my nose in a book... lol :)

Roughly 12 hours before we are no longer taking votes to name the Linkshell...

Eternus Verum, Veritas, Agape, and Non-Fiction are the leading names...

The name will be announced after the officers meeting Sunday evening...

Back