Heroes of Ruin is the first 3DS game I may care about

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
No offense to Ocarina of Time fans, but (1) the Water Temple was designed by a sadist and (2) I didn't play OoT on the N64, so I don't view the game through nostalgia-tinted glasses.

Portable Street Fighter IV? No thanks. I have the PS3 version and an arcade stick.

And as for other "must-have" 3DS titles? Well...Okay, there aren't any yet.

Yet.

But whenever you string the words "coop action RPG" together, you immediately grab my interest and shake it by its collar. And Heroes of Ruin does exactly that. Both things, actually. The stringing and the shaking.

I'm still a long way out from dropping coin on a 3DS since Nintendo's still a long way out from a second generation 3DS model (you KNOW it's going to happen) and it may be a long while until I can justify $250 on yet another game system. (I already own a DS, a Wii, a PS3, a PS2, a Dreamcast, a PS1, a GBA SP, and, of course, a PC.)

And I guess there's not much point to playing a coop action RPG without my wonderful and beautiful Soma Bringer DS partner (yes, I'm talking about my wife), which means dropping about $580 on 2 3DS units and 2 copies of the game.

So I pretty much talked myself out of playing the game with that last sentence.

But still, a portable coop action RPG? Sounds most excellent.

And it makes Nintendo sound even more DUMB FOR NOT LOCALIZING AND PUBLISHING SOMA BRINGERRR~

/rage

Last edited:
Publisher Square Enix

sorry lost me there.
Fair enough.

I looked up the developer, n-Space, and...well, my expectations were lowered.

After the fantastic experience that was playing through Soma Bringer with my wife, I doubt I could stand playing through a mediocre coop action RPG. Soma Bringer was just that good.

I have a questions...call me stupid, BUT how do you play a japan only game in the US, and still be able to read it??

I have a questions...call me stupid, BUT how do you play a japan only game in the US, and still be able to read it??
Dump the game from a cart to a ROM file, patch the ROM file using a fan translation patch, and load the game using a flashcart.

Last edited:
Thanks! I was gonna try out your Soma Bringer game you mentioned. It looked pretty nice.

Back