Heroic Tuesday/Thursday

faust

We plan to run a heroic every Tuesday and Thursday. Please be logged on by 8:30pm (server time), and the run will begin at 8:45 at the latest.

This Tuesday and Thursday we plan to run Slave Pens, in order to grow our familiarity with the heroic instance.

For this Tuesday and Thursday we have need for two dps/cc classes (rogues, hunters, mages, and warlocks).

Since we have Kara scheduled Tues/Thurs, that will take 10 people out of the running for this.

Not a big deal, but wanted to let you know.

Yeah, but you also have a kara group fri/mon. I don't really think there's anytime that you're going to get everyone happy here... and word on the street is a 3rd kara group might need to be started soon.

Yeah I was wondering about that, and if I did something like Tues/Fri or something, then I make it so that even fewer people able to come. :( If there is interest though on other nights, I am willing to help put them together though.

Just for this week I think I will just start with the two, and see how that goes.

Last night we made it to the final boss, but unfortunately we lost the NElf and his buff for the final boss. As a result we gave up after one attempt... man that buff seems to be pretty much required to finish off the final boss there.

So far this Thursday we have Loren tanking, Allen healing, and I will be there on my warlock. We still have two slots open for dps/cc classes (rogues, hunters, mages, warlocks, and shadow priests).

Out of curiosity, how many of those attending Kara runs on Tuesday/Thursday would be keenly interested in running heroics with us if we changed nights next week? We picked those nights pretty much at random. There is no real attatchment to them, and next week I am willing to try other days to see how that works out for everyone.

We run heroics on smooth mode with 1 main healer and one off-healer.
Typically we have 2 dps: Mage, hunter or rogue. 1MH Pally, 1OH priest, tank.
(Works well for what we have been running, SP, Ramps, UB, but most of us have lots of kara gear..) Hunter is nice for traps/nature buff. (Lock is nice for UB for the banish)

Grats on your progress.

Danny

We will need a tank and 1 dps/CC for tomorrow's run.

Please let me know if you are interested.

John jr and I are hanging out tonight... might have Del and Neirai to offer, but I dont want to speak absolutely for the both of us

Tomorrow night we will try once more. Though the last two attempts it's been impossible to find so much as a single player interested in running a heroic (outside of the players I normally play with), both in guild and in the sga.

I am starting to suspect that our guild is focused on kara right now. My impression is that we have a kara run every night of the week now, and it appears that we simply don't have enough players willing to go during any week night. At least not during the time slot I have offered. Unfortunately it's the only time slot that will work for us.

I see two options here: Change the nights we run heroics, and/or post on the SGA and try to make this an SGA event. I will talk to the other regulars, but I may try switching the night to monday/wednesday next week.

I visited the sga website, but there doesn't seem to be a section of the forum where it would be appropriate for me to advertise about heroic instance runs. The closest I could find was the "Instances and Raids" section, but even that is supposed to be about strategies. Would it be appropriate for me to post there? How do other's organize raids through the sga?

I've noticed that lately it's even tough to form a PUG in the 8:30 to 11:00 (server time) time slot. When I first moved to this server, I was very pleased at how easy it was to get a group. Is our server population declining?

I've been having group troubles lately also, but I keep hearing that its just cause of summer.

Well thanks to every one who helped out tonight! We have a very smooth run through heroic: SP.

We had to switch around a few characters along the way, but RL happens... and I was really glad to see we were able to be flexible and keep going through the instance.

I have talked to others, and we may very well switch around the nights next week to Mon/Wednesday and see if that allows more people to play.

We're going to give heroic Underbog a try tonight. Kinda nervous about the 2 bog lord pull before the first boss, but looking forward to the challenge.

Rhys, Mike, Tone, Tom, and I cut heroic UB short on the way to boss #2 due to sleepiness. The 2 bog lord pull before Hungarfen was not nearly as bad for us as Hungarfen himself. We wiped several times before figuring out a strategy that seemed to work okay. The rate of mushroom spawn is much greater than in non-heroic, and it appears that they spawn wherever you're standing. So, if you clump up, all of the mushrooms spawn in one place and you take too much damage. Spreading out a bit worked a lot better.

I had a good time and look forward to returning to figure out the other bosses.

I think we can get through the two bog giants before Hungarfen, and the first boss a ton faster next time. Thanks to everyone who came, that was fun! Learning and then beating a boss is always satisfying.

The one time I did heroic underbog, I was tanking. The group leader just said "tank/kite (back him up) him to the entrance, he should be dead by the time you get there." Seemed to work; we one-shot him. :)

I would be interested in any heroic when i'm on. Ihave a hybrid spec so can dps and then switch to help healing when needed as well.

Well last time we tried heroic UB we got through it. I think we learned a lot of things about the instance in heroic mode, and I think we will be able to get through it even better next time.

Back