Heroics in order of difficulty

Gilga

I'm right about the point where I'm willing to start PuGing heroics ... but not yet ready to throw myself into a random heroic knowing that there's a fair range of difficulty. I've heard that heroic Stonecore, GB, and HoO are very tough ... but overall don't know the range. Could some of our heroic veterans publish their ranking of easiest to hardest heroics?

In terms of healing I'm guessing? I'd say Grim Batol is hardest overall, 2nd and 3rd bosses are the only hard ones though. Stoneslab in Stonecore can be hard if the stalactites cause LOS issues. Bosses in HoO are not bad if everyone does what they are supposed to do. 3rd boss in BRC, with the fire pillar thing, can be real rough in terms of AOE dmg if the tank is slow in taking him out of the fire.

Otherwise I think Vortex Pinnacle, SFK, Dead Mines, Lost City are easier.

@ Flame - yeah, I won't even step foot in Ramps. Besides I always get lost in HfP trying to find the entrance. Still.

@ Q - correct, for healing. I shoulda mentioned that. Thanks for the input, will avoid those hard ones for now.

I think each instance has a boss that is difficult to heal though.

Halls of Origination - The first boss is by far the hardest if your groupmates don't know how the levers work. LoS can play an important role here as well.

Lost City - Alligator boss is a pain (but not if you do the statue trick) as are is the phoenixes on the second to last boss if theres no one to kite.

Grim Batol - Like Q said, the second and third bosses are the most difficult here, but only if people are oblivious.

Blackrock Caverns - The third and fourth bosses are the trickiest here. The third is all about the tank's ability to drag a boss through fire (not hard imo) and the fourth is all about DPS and CC - trickier than it sounds.

Throne of the Tides - In this instance, the trash is more difficult than the boss fights. The last few boss fights here are pretty difficult for a healer (especially the one that mind controls that Draenei guy). It's important to note however I've only been here once...

Deadmines - Controlling the reaper is a difficult concept for some people to grasp. Additionally, getting back to the boat is a total pain.

SFK - The first boss is interesting as a healer, but even more critical for a DPS who has to interrupt. Commander Springvale is nearly impossible (well not really) if you don't drag him out into the court yard before the kitchen.

In my opinion these are the easiest:

Vortex Pinnacle... haha.

It isn't ranking them in difficulty, it's picking your poison.

Last edited:
Back