Hey people please comment!

Well, demos you can usually get anywhere for free. The videos may potentially be a problem. Things like where GameSpot has their own trailer or preview movie, those may be meant only for GameSpot downloading.

The other issue with the demos is some sites don't like having direct links to demos. They want people to go directly to the site and download that way.

Well right. It is best just to verify that they are copywritten, and if so, then you might, just might, want to get permission to use the video or what have you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (PureFun @ Sep. 27 2003,8:48)]Caleb:  Well, she's got unlimited space, so I am sure many files will be on there.  Do you have any requests?

iamscott: I don't think you need to be so edgy, he was just asking what review you were going to do.
I don't have any request's at the moment, though
I'm thinking about maybe whether I should request
the demo of Deus ex 2 or not because the Deus Ex 2
demo would be big to download. I'm only giving
suggestion's to how CCGR could make her site good.

CCGR has unlimited webspace now, so I am sure that they will put it on for you
smile.gif

Well, its official. I have gotten the new Madden review up. However, I did this on my free period at school, so I wasn't able to put any screens up, due to the stinking filtering system at school. Anyway, I hope to be getting some more reviews up very soon.

Wow! You wrote the review during a break? It takes me about 2 months. Actually, I've been working on a Medal of Honor review since about April of 2002!!!! I'm adding the final touches now. I just got MOH:Breakthrough, but I have no idea when I'll get to playing it.

Tom fixed the html on it (he does that to mine too so don't take it personally) and I put an image on there. looks even better now
wink.gif
thanks for putting it up, great review

How did he fix the HTML on my review? I did it myself correctly! Sheesh! Not that I'm taking it personally, but geez.

I dunno how he does it. I use the built in editor but he usually finds something not like the standard. he got mad when I called him html nazi
biggrin.gif
It's all good though, the reviews look great.
tounge.gif

Well, I'll be the grammar/spelling Nazi then. Actually, I've been fairly tame. I've only changed things when specifically asked to read over a review before it goes live.

iamscott, I thought the review was great. Very well done. My only personal feeling is, I feel the only type of game deserving of an A+ Appropriate/Christian rating is one which (in addition to other appropriate aspects) promotes Christianity/Jesus/etc. in a positive way. Let me be clear, I am not saying if it's a Christian game it gets an automatic A+. Just that it should have all aspects of appropriateness INCLUDING promoting Christianity. Also, the review DID mention something about the cheerleaders. Anyway, as the reviewer, you have the final say...

I agree with SSquared I give out A+'s sparingly but as long as things are mentioned it's up to the reviewer to rate and the reader to buy

[b said:
Quote[/b] (iamscott @ Oct. 01 2003,4:08)]How did he fix the HTML on my review? I did it myself correctly! Sheesh! Not that I'm taking it personally, but geez.
Drew, I could say the same thing on how you posted my reviews.  Most of the reviews you posted pre-launch were excellently done, HTML wise.  Madden had the titles on H5's instead of H4's, and the final ratings werent formatted at all.

I can tell you don't like the way that I fix everything, so I will just shut my face now  
rock.gif

No, don't shut your face. Seriously. I think its cool that you can edit the reviews well. And I thought I formatted the review correctly. Whatever. Its fine with me. I actually kind of forgot how to do everything, but I will figure it out later.

Whatever, man.

I think that A pluses should be given out sparingly; however, how can this be the case in terms of sound or control or graphics? I generally try to refrain from giving A pluses is terms of appropriateness, but the rest of the areas are generally not going to have Christian content, unless the game is Christian. Secular games, as most know, do not have any Christian content, despite them having some similar values.

Back