Hi again! And, State of the Server

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
Hi everyone! :)
"This guy? Oh wait... I remember him..." Yes, I pretty much disappeared. :( I could try to list excuses, but some are personal (unrelated to Minecraft though), some cliche, and, well I'd rather talk about you guys and the server than me at the moment.

Oh, by the way, the State of the Server is Washington, I believe.

I got the messages about bl stepping down :(, and I thought I should get by butt back in the box and come back to check on things. I found a bit of a to-do list.

My 1st Priority: Griefing. We've had some hackers for a while, it seems (using rewritten clients that can bypass rules and log in despite the whitelist). So I upgraded the server to the latest version (we had a pretty old one going). I broke out the ban hammer and started swinging <Wheee!>, going through the logins for the last few months. I also banned the IP addresses that were used. I'm sure they can change their name at whim, and IPs can be changed, but it's a couple more hoops, just in case the upgrade doesn't solve it <shrug>. I then went and cleaned up the lava and cobblestone around spawn and down the road. None of this took very long.

Along with this, most of the structures near spawn and for a ways down the road are destroyed, which I don't think is really a big deal-- the admins built most of the stuff quite a while ago. Now, if I had been doing my job of monitoring backups, we'd be fine. But when I checked today, we don't have any recent ones saved. I may be able to get an older one, but our options currently look like we could leave the area alone, rebuild it, raze it, or start a new world. I see from a poll a few months ago that the majority of voters were interested in starting a new map anyway.

2nd: Hi new folks! <mark check box>

3rd: Time to get some feedback on how things are going. We don't have an abundance of messages here in the forum, so I thought I'd ask you guys and gals. I won't ask about the griefing. If it really affected you, send me a PM and I'll help you out. We won't give the griefers the pleasure of being able to read any frustration. :) Now, in nice, quotable rows:

How's it going? What are you working on?

Any advice for me? Any requests?

How would you feel about a whole new world? (Okay, I have two young girls, and thus my brain is now singing the Aladdin and Jasmine duet.)

Edit: What's your difficulty setting preference?

Hm... I think that's it for now. I look forward to seeing you on the server, and reading your responses here!

-LS

Last edited:
Give us a new world. (all though 1.9 is due out this summer/fall so maybe wait)

Give creepers back their mojo. (let em blow up stuff)

Make it vanilla with some form of lockette but that's about it.

Mitch77 might feel bad with a wipe, hes a building machine.

I mostly lost interest when I saw all the hacking.

I'd be happy with a wipe.

VANILLA pls

I like safe zones, but will go either way.

Edit: WELCOME BACK!!!!

Last edited:
Give us a new world. (all though 1.9 is due out this summer/fall so maybe wait)

Ah, the classic conundrum. I'd lean toward resetting now, rather than waiting for an unknown amount of time. If we confine our travels (voluntarily or with a world border) then when 1.9 comes out, we should be able to get new geographical features just by traveling into new chunks/land. Both options (restart now or later) have drawbacks and advantages.

Give creepers back their mojo. (let em blow up stuff)

I'm sure there will be opinions on both sides of this, as usual. Maybe I could give an ocelot to anyone vehemently opposed to the damage. :)

Make it vanilla with some form of lockette but that's about it.

If we stick with pure vanilla, I can make safes out of bedrock for people. A button to a command block lets only the specified person/people in (teleporting) to a sealed room of chests. Since Minecraft doesn't monitor oxygen levels, it works out well. :)

All my stuff was on the second server that was just shut down yesterday. I just moved to the first server that folks were using. Haven't done much beyond staking a claim and trying to figure how I want to build.

I haven't seen bl's server. Did you guys have a lot built on there? He said he was going to put the files up for download, so I could put them on this server if we want to do that.

So I have a dumb question.

What's the address of the remaining server?

I'd like to stop by some time after folks have a chance to build and show off their creations to my 4-year old daughter (and see them myself, of course). :)

I'm assuming the mc.toj.cc alias still points to the correct IP address?

Indeed it does.

index.php

So, where are people building? The structure by spawn got ruined in the griefing, so I can make a new one with warps to your buildings/lands/empires. I don't have anyone's coordinates, though.

On a positive note, I have seen several attempted log-ins by hacked clients since the upgrade, and none of the attempts have been successful.

Last edited:
Well, this escalated quickly.

I'm sorry I haven't been around guys, I got a job over the summer at camp. In September, I'll probably be playing again. It's really sad to see Bl go, but it's good to see LS back with us.

I didn't realize we had hackers and griefers. The last I played was about a month ago. I'd love to help out on the server when I get back! (Until then, feel free to prank me)

EDIT: Actually, I'm able to get on on the one staff computer. I'll be able to hop around if you guys want to hang.

EDIT 2: A quick survey of the land leaves me depressed. The market is destroyed, the warp wall is gone, and so many buildings have holes in them. While it looks cool, there goes a lot of progress.

Last edited:
Alrighty then, now that I realized that this is a different server. I say lets rebuild spawn!!!! I'd really liked my HUGE underground pasture and light up wall:p

Please help me get out of my bedrock storage locker:eek: The command block doesn't seem to work.

Last edited:
Please help me get out of my bedrock storage locker:eek: The command block doesn't seem to work.

Sorry, but after that disturbing incident with you and the cow, we voted to put you into solitary confinement for a while. Maybe with good behavior...

Edit: If you give me the coordinates of your safe, I'll go fix it. There is also "gotospawn" to get you out, but you'll have to hike back to your house from there, until I get the warp wall rebuilt.

Last edited:
I actually vote for a new world, honestly. I'm kinda past this world since we were working on a new world for a while.

Back